- Irene Handl, Wilfred Pickles, Barbara Mitchell, Jack Smethurst, Arthur English, Larry Martyn, Hilda Braid, Andrea Lawrence and others
- Harry Driver and Vince Powell
- Ronnie Baxter
- Peter J. Thompson and Tony Tenser
Old-age pensioners Ada and Walter Bingley have reached the first anniversary of their wedding. Unknown to them, Ada's daughter Ruth has planned a surprise party for the occasion at the local Masonic Hall.
Walter has bought a locket for Ada with his savings but is horrified to learn that she has given his old jacket, complete with locket in a pocket, to the vicar for a jumble sale. He dashes out to retrieve it, but Ada is distraught to hear that he has been involved in a serious accident.
The vicar, meanwhile, has found the locket and returned it to a surprised Ada - and then Walter returns unharmed, the news of the accident having been a case of mistaken identity. They slip away for a quiet celebration themselves, and on their way home pass the Masonic Hall in time to be greeted by their exasperated son-in-law.
- UK certificate
- 89 minutes
- Release date
- Production company
- Title theme What Could Be Nicer written and sung by Gilbert O'Sullivan.
- Laugh track
View recording details
- Last repeat
- Wednesday 16th January 2019 at 6:00pm on TPTV