- Irene Handl, Wilfred Pickles, Barbara Mitchell, Jack Smethurst, Arthur English, Larry Martyn, Hilda Braid, Andrea Lawrence and more
- Harry Driver and Vince Powell
- Ronnie Baxter and John K. Cooper
- Peter J. Thompson and Tony Tenser
Old-age pensioners Ada and Walter Bingley have reached the first anniversary of their wedding. Unknown to them, Ada's daughter Ruth has planned a surprise party for the occasion at the local Masonic Hall.
Walter has bought a locket for Ada with his savings but is horrified to learn that she has given his old jacket, complete with locket in a pocket, to the vicar for a jumble sale. He dashes out to retrieve it, but Ada is distraught to hear that he has been involved in a serious accident.
The vicar, meanwhile, has found the locket and returned it to a surprised Ada - and then Walter returns unharmed, the news of the accident having been a case of mistaken identity. They slip away for a quiet celebration themselves, and on their way home pass the Masonic Hall in time to be greeted by their exasperated son-in-law.
- UK certificate
- 89 minutes
- Camera set-up
- Single camera
- Title theme What Could Be Nicer written and sung by Gilbert O'Sullivan.
- Most recent repeats
- Friday 2nd July 2021 at 11:10am on TPTV
- Wednesday 17th March 2021 at 10:30am on TPTV
- Sunday 14th March 2021 at 12:05pm on TPTV
- EMI-MGM Elstree Studios - Studios
- London - Location filming