- Jimmy Edwards, Arthur Howard, Martita Hunt, Sydney Tafler, Raymond Huntley, Reginald Beckwith, Vanda Hudson, Melvyn Hayes and more
- Michael Pertwee, Frank Muir and Denis Norden
- Mario Zampi
- Mario Zampi
The headmaster of Chiselbury School, Professor Edwards, has a rather novel plan to raise the profile - and profits - of his establishment when a new, no-nonsense chairman of the school's governors puts him on notice for his position.
A brave plot involving gambling debts, a Cockney delinquent, a middle-eastern prince and the secrecy of the Foreign Office is put into action: but when the other boys of the school, lead by rabble-rousing Bishop's son Wendover, go into full revolt and a gang of kidnappers arrive at Chiselbury on the very same night, it's not just Edwards's job but the school's entire existence that seems to be on the line...
- UK certificate
- 88 minutes
- UK release
- March 1960
- UK premiere
- Tuesday 8th March 1960
- Also known as
- Bottoms Up!
- Camera set-up
- Single camera
- Black and white
- Music composed and directed by Stanley Black, played by the Associated British Studio Orchestra. School Song lyrics by Sid Colin.
- Most recent repeats
- Tuesday 10th November 2020 at 6:00am on TPTV
- Sunday 19th July 2020 at 11:00am on TPTV
- Wednesday 22nd January 2020 at 11:30am on TPTV
- Associated British Elstree Studios