- Stanley Long
- Barry Evans, Judy Geeson, Adrienne Posta, Liz Fraser, Ian Lavender, Stephen Lewis, Robert Lindsay, Henry McGee and others
- Suzanne Mercer
- Stanley Long
- Peter Long and Stanley Long
London cabbie Joe North has been working the roads of the capital for around a year. Living at home with his demanding mother, mucky toddler sister, and increasingly wayward younger brother, Peter, there's just one thing he looks forward to: work.
Driving around London is not just how Joe earns an income, but his black cab also proves "very handy for introductions", as he subtly puts it.
From a blonde threatening to throw herself off Lambeth Bridge because her husband has had the temerity to leave her (to go to work); to a young wife struggling with a large pile of West End purchases; some jokers from a cops and robbers themed party; and regular customer, prostitute Maisie; to a bored housewife ordering a succession of trades- and delivery-men to visit; Joe's cab certainly sees him get around!
With the help of best friend Tom and his girlfriend, Nikki the stripper, Joe's life could well be looking upward.
- He gets more than his fare share...!
- Part of
- UK certificate
- 89 minutes
- Release date
- July 1976
- Production company
- Music by De Woolf. Title song written by Graham Preskett and performed by Adrienne Posta.
- Laugh track
View recording details
- Last repeat
- Thursday 29th June 2017 at 1:30am on London Live