In the run-up to Valentine's Day, greetings card company thortful.com created a directory for their users to add cheesy chat-up lines to. Visitors have been voting for the one-liner they deem the most cringe-worthy.
The company says: "Love them or hate them, a cheesy chat up line can be a great icebreaker - or it can backfire very badly."
So, based on the voting, here's the top 10 cheesiest one-liners:
1. If you were a fruit you'd be a fineapple.
2. You are hotter than the bottom of my laptop.
3. Are you French? Because Eiffel for you.
4. I'd like to take you to the movies, but they don't let you bring in your own snacks.
5. It's handy that I have my library card because I'm totally checking you out.
6. Do you work at Subway? 'Cause you just gave me a foot-long.
7. Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?
8. I'm looking for treasure - can I have a look around your chest?
9. Do you like raisins? Well how about a date then?
10. I seem to have lost my phone number. Can I have yours?
To view the full index, go to thortful.com