Ben is breakfasting.

And Bening.

Quote: Ben @ 5th July 2016, 6:42 AM BST

Ben is breakfasting.

And Bening.

Annette? What's she got to do with it?

Just received my latest internet purchase. DVD box set of "Adam Adamant Lives."

"So brave but oh so vulnerable!"

Sarc has just eaten his second kitkat of the day and has just realised he hasn't turned the TV on since Friday as he has f**k all interest in football and tennis and has had enough of the referendum and that's all there seems to be on the box at the moment.
He's also taken delivery of some CDs and DVDs (Black Queen, Mobile, Stroke9, st elsewhere) and a box of horror movie related items including a Nightmare On Elm Street Freddy Krueger pillow case and Jaws tshirt. Tomorrow may bring the latest Deadpool comic books.

What is it you got out of the Elm Street films, if they didn't scare the shit out of you enough to make the thought of a pillowcase the most inappropriate, terrifying concept on god's green earth?

You stupid girl!

Quote: Sarc @ 6th July 2016, 8:43 PM BST

Sarc has just eaten his second kitkat of the day and has just realised he hasn't turned the TV on since Friday as he has f**k all interest in football and tennis and has had enough of the referendum and that's all there seems to be on the box at the moment.
He's also taken delivery of some CDs and DVDs (Black Queen, Mobile, Stroke9, st elsewhere) and a box of horror movie related items including a Nightmare On Elm Street Freddy Krueger pillow case and Jaws tshirt. Tomorrow may bring the latest Deadpool comic books.

You should take up crotchet - it would be much more productive. You could make yourself a nice jumper. *goes off to hunt out a nice pattern to send to Sarc*

Quote: zooo @ 6th July 2016, 8:58 PM BST

What is it you got out of the Elm Street films, if they didn't scare the shit out of you enough to make the thought of a pillowcase the most inappropriate, terrifying concept on god's green earth?

I wasn't planning on buying a Freddy Krueger pillow case. I subscribe to a thing called Horrorblock, basically you pay twenty quid a month (give or take a few depending on what the conversion rate is to the Canadian dollar) and you get a box full of 6-8 horror movie related items sent to you.
You never know what'll be in the box until you open it but occasionally you get emailed hints as to what it might be.
It sounds risky as you might end up with something you don't like but I can promise you if you like horror movies and books you'll get a kick out of it.
This month had a Jaws tshirt, two pop vinyl funko figures, the pillow case, a copy of Rue Morgue magazine and a Blu Ray disc of the movie Turbo Kid which to be fair is more scifi than horror.
If you bought everything separately the Blu Ray and shirt would come to about 30 to 35 quid on their own so you always get more than what you paid for. A third of the time the stuff you get is exclusive to the crate and you wouldn't be able to get them anywhere else.
Other stuff I've had have been a vinyl record of the Omen Soundtrack, high quality art prints, more Blu Rays, there's always a shirt and copy of Rue Morgue, I've had complete novels, houseware items (the zombie oven glove and skeleton kitchen apron being personal favourites), loads of different stuff.
If you go on YouTube and look for 'Horrorblock unboxing' you'll see the sort of thing you get.
Occasionally there'll be something a bit tacky or childish but for the most of it it's aimed at adults due to the horror connection.

That does sound pretty good. The pillowcase would be going straight on eBay though!
What were the funko figures of?

I got one of Willow from Buffy and Vaughn from the Strain.
I've already got the full set of Strain pops so I'm trying to pawn that off on someone because I can seek anything on eBay at the moment due to PayPal being arseholes, flagging my account as fraudulent and refusing to help even though I can prove the recent transactions are all above board and were made by me.
I'm a member of some of the Pop trading pages on Facebook but no-one seems interested which is a bugger as I'm trying to get shot of a Loki and a Steve Hillier from Independance Day to but again no-ones interested.
The Willow one is going to my neice as she's just turned seven and is obsessed with everything Buffy at the moment.

I did have a referral link for it somewhere, for everyone who signs up (you can do it by month so you can try it to see if you like it before committing to longer subs) you get 5 dollars off so say you subbed and three others did I'd get a free month and if you shared yours you'd get the same. Can't bloody find it now.

Forgot that this month they've started to include a voucher for $10 to Shirtpunch, if you collect all ten images on the backs of the vouchers you get an extra $100.

Aw, Willow. <3

I don't even have any spare money at the moment, but I do love those surprise box subscription thingies. I never thought to look for a horror one.

Chip's sodden.

Wandering through a huge cowboy boot store. I saw a pair that I really liked. They were $1200.

Did you buy them?

Quote: DaButt @ 9th July 2016, 7:13 PM BST

Wandering through a huge cowboy boot store. I saw a pair that I really liked. They were $1200.

What size were they? 25 (or European 86)?

Quote: keewik @ 9th July 2016, 7:36 PM BST

Did you buy them?

Nope. :(

They were really nice alligator boots that would last a lifetime. Someday...