The Olympics Page 126

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th August 2021, 10:22 PM

Japan beat USA at baseball...

Wuuuut?

Trump will say it's because they were too 'Woke'.

Wuuuut?

Baseball on the Olympics

Wuuuut?

Yes, it was all pretty good.

However I did notice that everyone was under the age of 83.

To be fair, I find that deeply suspicious.

Oh shit, has the Olympics finished? :(

Yes - we came 4th in the medal table
Which is not too bad.

Quote: Lazzard @ 8th August 2021, 4:15 PM

Yes - we came 4th in the medal table
Which is not too bad.

Should've been third because a banned country took part.

Quote from our 13 year old Skateboard Gold medallist.

"It was a super sick final. All the girls were ripping it, it was insane. I'm so stoked."

Quote: Chappers @ 8th August 2021, 8:50 PM

"It was a super sick final. All the girls were ripping it, it was insane. I'm so stoked."

Dictionary work is obviously out of the question.

I just hope she can find time for a bit of knitting.

Ditto if it had been based on total medals, not Gold total, which I think is wrong.

Sometimes - only sometimes - I feel on this forum as if I am in a locker room. I have stripped off and become totally nude so as to go into the shower and the two blokes either side of me who have barely got their boots off are talking across me only because they feel overly aware of my great muscular body.

I didn't think the Olympics was a good idea but hopefully I've been proved wrong and it hasn't help spread the virus.But it's been a success with some interesting new events,to me anyway, and the Aussies and the Brits doing very well.

Wuuuut?

Major League Baseball's season is ongoing, so most of the world's best players were otherwise occupied. The USA team was made up of has-beens and never-weres.

I really enjoyed it and am sad that it's gone. I especially liked the speed climbing, which looked great fun. And well done to Team GB.

Quote: DaButt @ 9th August 2021, 4:48 AM

The USA team was made up of has-beens and never-weres.

Much like the BCG then. Unimpressed

Quote: Lazzard @ 7th August 2021, 10:24 PM

Trump will say it's because they were too 'Woke'.

It is weird that many right wingers seemed to celebrate when some American athletes lost because they were perceived as "woke." That is a very strange patriotism.

Quote: chipolata @ 9th August 2021, 6:40 AM

It is weird that many right wingers seemed to celebrate when some American athletes lost because they were perceived as "woke." That is a very strange patriotism.

One of the American athletes had said that they wanted to win a medal so that they could burn an American flag on the podium. I'm quite happy that it didn't come to pass.

"I'm so stoked."

To be fair it's not a pleasurable experience. I was up in the Potteries a few weeks ago and the south-bound M6 was blocked. I was stuck there for hours.

I've been stuck there too - but north bound. Dreadful motorway.