Headcases Page 6

That really wasn't Spitting Image for the naughties. The caricatures look pretty good (some more accurate than others, but a generally good standard for a British CGI comedy), but they're fairly crudely animated on a professional level - the way their mouths flap and morph looks completely unnatural, sometimes even going out of sync with the voices! The writing is unoriginal, mainly centered around glossy-mag celebrities and tabloid politics.

This week's high point was the the race between Amy Winehouse and Pete Doherty, just because the caricatures were so funny - especially Pete's pinball pupils, the low point was the street-talking Helen Mirren and Judy Dench thing. Not only was it an unfunny premise, it DIDN'T PERTAIN TO ANYTHING. It's like doing a sketch about climbing everest with Robert De Nero but talking with a Monty Python french accent. What the f**k?

I suppose it was a bit like Beryl Reid/Queen Mother.

And why make such a big thing about Pierced Organ? He is only important in his own mind.

Yes - some of it is funny - but not really such a good ratio as Spitting Image - and what was the other one in between?

Quote: David Chapman @ April 21 2008, 9:53 PM BST

I suppose it was a bit like Beryl Reid/Queen Mother.

And why make such a big thing about Pierced Organ? He is only important in his own mind.

Yes - some of it is funny - but not really such a good ratio as Spitting Image - and what was the other one in between?

2DTV?

I really really enjoyed this week's episode. Some of the caricatures looked really good. Spot on. Voices, as ever, were dodgy. And there's no warmth to CGI. But, above all, it made me laugh. A lot.

I must admit that headcases has actually grown on me.

The first week I said it was complete crap but thankfully I've been proven wrong.

I don't like the Mirren/Dench/Winslet sketches though.

But all In all it's pretty good.

Though it'll never be as good as Spitting Image was.

Quote: Richard Wells @ April 28 2008, 12:09 AM BST

I don't like the Mirren/Dench/Winslet sketches though.

No, there's not a single redeeming feature about those.

Well, apart from the fact that they end.

I did miss my fix of old mugabe though.

Yes, I really loved those ones. Particularly the first, back in episode one. I laughed. A lot.

does anyone know if they are taking outside contributions at all?
gave 2dtv a bash and wouldn't mind a go at this one too.

As far as I'm aware, no, they're not. I'd hazard a guess that, due to the production's nature, there's only a limited amount of stuff that they can do, so will keep it in-house.

And pleeeeease use capitals!

Quote: Perry Nium @ April 7 2008, 12:08 PM BST

You obviously haven't seen this advert. Now THAT'S bad CGI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YozMDzOAGxk

It saddens me to think I missed this link.

That's quite brilliant.

Quote: Aaron @ May 1 2008, 11:56 PM BST

As far as I'm aware, no, they're not. I'd hazard a guess that, due to the production's nature, there's only a limited amount of stuff that they can do, so will keep it in-house.

And pleeeeease use capitals!

bugga.

and, NEVER!
no, wait, damn!

It's in the rules.

the rules?! blimey. you have rules on presentation on a forum?
you'll be banning me for misuse of a semi-colon next.

Yes. And don't think I'm not serious.

Please see point 9 in particular: https://www.comedy.co.uk/info/terms_of_use.shtml#BoardRules

And it's a message board, not a forum.