Carry On London Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ March 13, 2008, 2:06 PM

Don't remember Emmanuel. I'll have to rewatch this weekend.

"You can have any Tom, Dick or Harry"
"But I don't want Tom or Harry!"

Laughing out loud

Most memorable line from a terrible film. I just can't watch it all the way through. My kids - aged 8, 6 and 5 all love CO and have watched (nearly) all of them many times but COE isn't one of them.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that quite a few of the ''carry on'' films wre not actually meant to be part of the series, but were changed titles on release?

There is a ''carry on admiral'' which predates the series, but never seen it.

No, I've not seen it either. It's available on DVD I believe though. Keep meaning to get it.

Re titles, I think that that may be the case with a few of the earliest ones yes.

Quote: Aaron @ March 13, 2008, 1:39 PM

I'm not entirely sure about The Fast Show thing, but otherwise I totally agree, monkeybeard.

Simon Day, Paul Whitehouse, John Thomson, Mark Williams, Charlie Higson - comedy actors who have been there done that. I think the potential of a new carry-on team is right there for the taking. Not sure about the women though. Not Vic Reeves wife though hopefully ;-)

Hmm, the women. Yes. Interesting question! *ponders*

Jo Brand for the matronly type?

Yeah, Brand for Jacques.

Hahaha Laughing out loud

David Walliams would, I am sure, be able to step into Kenneth Williams-esque roles.

But would Jo Brand decide it was sexist nonsense or something? After something she said on When Were We Funniest? the other week, I'm wondering if she might.

Well, it is sexist nonsense.
:)

But she might still be in it!

Ha!

Quote: Aaron @ March 13, 2008, 2:06 PM

Don't remember Emmanuel. I'll have to rewatch this weekend.

It was terrible, the franchise dying a painful death. Though for novelty value it is the only film in which you get to see Kenneth Williams' arse. (If that's your sort of thing.)

Jo Brand , is a feminist when it suits her, and takes the money for stuff she would otherwise slag off when it suits her!

A lot like Jonathon Woss.

Who is the biggest arse licker on his friday night show, and then slags the same people on his film show.

He is also the bloke that called all Olympic target shooting enthusiasts perverts and weirdos , and then appeared at a film premier wearing a ''mans'' skirt ....

Im not to keen on him myself.

Laughing out loud

How about Julia Davis or Morwenna Banks? They'd make good characters.

Also the Green Wing team because they work so well together.

I heard about it too so is it all just speculation about the cast or has anything been announced?

They should create a loose plot for the movie and give it to the various successful British comedy teams to creare their own "strands". In effect making it a 90 minute skecth show showcasing the best of British comedy acting and writing talent (with a cohesive plot obviously). That way I think you could re-energize the "Carry On" franchise, allowing infividual comedy personalities and groups to come to the fore, and setting a foundation for years to come.

In my opinion of course.

Bo.