Russell Brand's Ponderland - Series 1 Page 3

Aye.
His straight acting's brilliant (no Victorian elf-ery). See The Abbey.

But I never say no to a period set costume comedy.

T'would be a very grand thing I reckons!

Russell's in loads of films next year and one that is a spoof of period dramas so it's very likely he'll be in the whole costume.

I'm most looking forward to him in Forgetting Sarah Marshall (Judd Apatow's new production) and also the new St Trinians.

I quite liked Ponderland yesterday and expect it to improve. Russell can be one of the funniest people on the planet when he's at his best.

'Ello to the indecisive one! As for me, I completely forgot that it was on. Woops!

That bit about the spasm technique was hilarious. :)

Yeah Episode 2 was better. The scientist guy doll being carried by his head. :)

Quote: Aaron @ October 24, 2007, 12:08 AM

'Ello to the indecisive one! As for me, I completely forgot that it was on. Woops!

Hi Aaron! / All!

I remember playing 'Daley Thompson's Decathlon', on my friend's Commodore 64, but we used to use a joystick, instead of keys. I remember going into one of those spasms, then, when my wrist got to the stage where it felt like it was going to explode, I'd yell "Takeover!!", and my mate would grab the joystick off me, and carry on. Great days.

I love it when I'm right! That was an improvement over the first one. Looking forward to tonight's.

Crime - My favourite one so far. Russell Brand in the Bill! Brilliant!

I really like this show, although it's a bit obvious he's reading from an auto cue, looks all unnatural he does.

Which is weird, cos when he wings it he's at his best.

I suppose it's the time constraints though, he has to get all the material into half an hour. That man can go off on a tangent and take hours over it.

It'd still be good though.

I think he can get tiresome quite fast. Personally, I'd prefer to watch Glen Ponder's Ponderland, which would just be Glen Ponder and his houseband playing Abba covers.

very funny.
i loved the email to serena williams