Good words Page 2

Perhaps a universally known object could be identified that could the job.

What is the one object we are all familiar with where the size is known by absolutely everyone?

I can't think of one.

I've got a Colombian 500 peso coin if that would help.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 21st July 2016, 12:09 PM BST

What is the one object we are all familiar with where the size is known by absolutely everyone?

I can't think of one.

How about Madonna's tits?

Quote: Chappers @ 21st July 2016, 2:21 PM BST

How about Madonna's tits?

:O Talk about lowering the tone..

To be fair though, in any serious discussion about dinosaur excretion Madonna's tits will come out eventually..

Ah Chappers dear boy, you're an encouragable coprolite.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 21st July 2016, 12:09 PM BST

I can't think of one.

I've got a Colombian 500 peso coin if that would help.

Knob?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd July 2016, 9:37 AM BST

Knob?

Yes? Huh?

What about the size of a woman's fist as it sails towards you after you've committed yet another faux pas in front of her/her friends/her family, etc.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 22nd July 2016, 9:58 AM BST

Yes? Huh?

Well we've all got a 12" one haven't we? So there's your standard length to work from.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd July 2016, 11:55 AM BST

Well we've all got a 12" one haven't we? So there's your standard length to work from.

So your knob is a foot!!!

:S

While "knob" and "foot" are always good words, some even better words can be found in The Superior Person's Little Book of Words (which I was given as a child and loved). It spawned a few sequels and remains in print, though it has since been re-titled. In pre-internet days, it was a most gelogenic and useful resource.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 22nd July 2016, 12:22 PM BST

So your knob is a foot!!!

:S

Yes, hence the limp.

Sphygmomanometer

(another good word the spell checker doesn't know)

Really hard to say without practice, even the medical people shorten it to Sphyg.

It's the common contraption they use to take your blood pressure with.

These days a motorised air bag thing but I remember the rubber pump and dial.

Quote: Ronald S @ 27th July 2016, 12:30 PM BST

but I remember the rubber pump and dial.

They still use them.......my doctor did last week on me, and I wondered what had happened to his sphynonny....sphigimminy.......shitgynym............sphynxomete................gizmo.

Quim.

Quim is definitely a funny word. I used to hear it from old geezers when I was a boy.

I once asked my mother what it was and she wouldn't answer apart from asking me where I heard it.
Now I think of it, I also once asked her what twat meant.. I don't know what that says about me.

Squib.