Babes In The Wood

Does anyone remember this sitcom and do you remember watching it? And do you know if this is out on DVD or not yet?

I certainly recall it from the 'Laddette 90s' and probably tuned in to see Sir Karl Howman's performance, but switched it off soon after. As my MIL now lives in 'The Wood' then I'd be interested in the exterior shots.

It does, however, seem your kind of thing though George.

Was it a bit like Men Behaving Badly or not really?

Quote: george roper @ 14th December 2015, 1:15 PM GMT

Was it a bit like Men Behaving Badly or not really?

Not half as amusing, well-written and witty IIRC. There seemed to be quite a few blonde jokes. Samantha Janus seemed to recreate her Mandy role from Game On.

It doesn't seem to be available on DVD, but Jim Davidson's 'Boobs In The Wood' is selling for £26.99 on Amazon. I have a sneaking suspicion that would be something you'd appreciate George.

It's not available on DVD, no.

Possibly the worst sitcom in TV history

Just bloody atrocious

How Karl Howman lowered himself to have anything to do with it is staggering

The scripts were terrible

And the acting was cringeworthy in the extreme

Quote: lofthouse @ 14th December 2015, 10:18 PM GMT

Possibly the worst sitcom in TV history

Just bloody atrocious

How Karl Howman lowered himself to have anything to do with it is staggering

The scripts were terrible

And the acting was cringeworthy in the extreme

So, not something you'll be badgering Network to release on DVD then Lofty?

There's one review on Amazon pertaining to the VHS tape; apparently it's 'not as bad as people think.' If that's not being damned with faint praise, I don't know what is?

That said, it's very much George Roper's thing. It features three attractive and oft scantily-clad babes with Woolwich's finest son, Howman, providing the guffaws. I bet the VHS tapes are languishing in a charity shop cupboard somewhere?

Some clips are available on YouTube. Not a classic that's for sure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AErvwtKfM-w