Which way would you have voted? (Syrian conflict) Page 2

Quote: keewik @ 3rd December 2015, 3:00 PM GMT

I have no words to describe how horrified and disgusted I was last night. And what sort of sick arseholes would make that kind of decision then cheer and applaud at the result, following which they marched out of the House chatting and laughing away as if they'd just been told their shares has just gone up by ten million times?

As I crossed from the car to go into Morrison's this morning, I looked up at the sky and imagined how it would be to be in such a country where planes would suddenly appear and bomb me and everybody else in sight.

And it's all such a bloody waste of time.

But at least you have a Morrisons which is the nicest cheaper supermarket of them all.

Genuinely glad that I don't have to vote.

Do think that Cameron's '70,000 moderate Syrian fighters' might come back to haunt him just like Blairs '45 minutes'...

Quote: playfull @ 3rd December 2015, 3:58 PM GMT

Do think that Cameron's '70,000 moderate Syrian fighters' might come back to haunt him just like Blairs '45 minutes'...

Hang on, that assumes Blair and Cameron can feel guilt. A pig's head maybe, but guilt...

Quote: keewik @ 3rd December 2015, 3:00 PM GMT

As I crossed from the car to go into Morrison's this morning, I looked up at the sky and imagined how it would be to be in such a country where planes would suddenly appear and bomb me and everybody else in sight.

Were you thinking of the Blitz of London then, Keewik? Because this scenario has no relation to the reality in Syria. The last thing the locals are going to notice is another eight warplanes because they've had the shite bombed out of them by their own government for the last four years.

Are you sure you're not being sucked in by the likes of Galloway who's spouted a load of untrue crap about what's happening just to boost his career?

We are not targeting families or babies, we are trying to take out the most murderous bunch of terrorists the world has seen for a long time.

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 3rd December 2015, 12:30 PM GMT

Daesh (IS) must be jumping for glee. Bombing will kill civilians and the their relatives and sympathisers will be incentivised to join IS or similar groups. Would you not be enraged if your kids were bombed in the name of Political vanity

Sorry but this as well sounds like the blockheaded anti west spiel used by extremists.

In any war there is always going to be civilian casualties. You can't escape that fact, so I do not understand why people think this one can be done without. If the cowardly shits are going to integrate themselves with the innocent majority in their houses etc., then that is a problem that cannot be resolved any other way unfortunately, whether it is air strikes or troops on the ground.

Quote: Lee @ 3rd December 2015, 12:22 PM GMT

I think Corbyn's voice needs to be there, a voice of conscience, even if he's not necessarily saying the right things all the time. It makes people think about other choices.

Yes but I get the impression Corbyn would be saying no even when i.s. had just murdered 3 000 people in Oxford Street. And unfortunately so many of our own muslims are exploiting his pacifism to spout the same dodgy anti west stuff. The man's only in his job because of their support, let's face it. He's being used.