Pointless Page 11

Quote: Chappers @ 20th July 2023, 5:22 PM

Isn't Connie Huq unbearably bubbly!

I found that on House of Games last night on one of my occasional incursions therein. Lots of giggling (even without the screeching lady). I had to turn it off in the end.

I didn't get where I am today by being bubbly.

Incidentally I do wish, on Pointless, that they would say actress when they mean actress and not actor. It confuses me. There's me trying to think of an actor with the initials K P and the answer's Katherine Parkinson.

Confused! I don't remember ever seeing Lucy Porter on this but I remember a couple of the contestants having watched some of the repeats.

However I think they've missed a chunk of repeats (Kiwi comedienne?) and this has never been shown before.

This is the first of the latest run of new episodes. With a new host.

Up to yesterday they were repeats from February this year. The only way you would have seen any of today's contestants previously would be not from the repeats but from the preceding episode of this series when it was televised new on 6 June (ie before they started on the latest round of repeats). That episode was co-hosted by Ria Lina.

But they haven't repeated all of the previous series though have they.

Incidentally Billy how do you know this?

They don't repeat an entire series in one go. Neither do they show a whole new series. It's all a bit haphazard. They have a few weeks of new episodes, then they have a few weeks of repeats, then they revert to new episodes again. The run of repeats may not even be from the same series.

The programme website (accessible via the BBC iPlayer link on its website) gives the dates of transmission https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rhg2r

Pots and kettles come to mind.

A question about Louis XIIV was asked and Alexander Armstrong read it as Louis Quatorze.

When he read the answers later Giles Brandreth said "not meaning to seem pretentious Louis the Fourteenth."

Quote: Chappers @ 1st August 2023, 5:28 PM

Confused! I don't remember ever seeing Lucy Porter on this but I remember a couple of the contestants having watched some of the repeats.

However I think they've missed a chunk of repeats (Kiwi comedienne?) and this has never been shown before.

For your information, and to avoid further future confusion, we are back to repeats with effect from Friday 15 September.

Today's show was series 30 episode 6. Thursday 14 September will be series 30 episode 11.

Friday 15 September will be back to series 26 episode 14, which has been previously shown on 20 Sept 2021 and again on 22 July 2022.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rhg2r/broadcasts/upcoming

No excuse for not knowing the answers!

Thanks Billy. Gets me prepared so I can give it a miss.

Haven't watched it since I auditioned with someone who is good at quiz stuff and we apparently got the best audition score of all time at the time
3 rounds 1 point ( I let the team down with the one point )
Elton John top 10 songs I went for passengers for one point
We were on the standby list but never heard back.
Bastards !
I used to love that show, had to go on Countdown instead

If anyone picks Bands from Athens Georgia I think it will be REM and B52 songs.

It's bloody Van Goff - NOT Van Go! People watch too many bloody American programmes!

It's more like van Hock ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZufH6h1-Tm8

Quote: fasty @ 14th September 2023, 7:15 PM

It's more like van Hock ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZufH6h1-Tm8

Yes probably. And the Dutch carnt spel.

Quote: Chappers @ 14th September 2023, 6:01 PM

It's bloody Van Goff - NOT Van Go! People watch too many bloody American programmes!

And Boadicea

And actresses (not actors)

And BC/AD - not whatever they're trying to foist on us

And Kiev

And is it too late to put in a vote for Calcutta, Bombay, Peking...?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th September 2023, 9:28 PM

And Boadicea

And actresses (not actors)

And BC/AD - not whatever they're trying to foist on us

And Kiev

And is it too late to put in a vote for Calcutta, Bombay, Peking...?

Yes. So why not Deutschland? Or Nippon?