Family Feuds Page 2

Quote: Nogget @ 28th February 2015, 8:06 AM GMT

Yes indeed. I haven't fallen out with family, but my teenage daughters don't talk to each other, their auntie didn't talk to her mum for 3 years, and my brother didn't talk to our dad ever. It seems that all it takes is something minutely small, and then the 'not talking' becomes a habit which is hard to climb down from without losing face. Once someone stops talking, it's hard to get out of that rut, so maintaining dialogue is important.
Sorry I don't have a solution for you Steve, but if you keep trying to renew the conversation, at least it makes their rut less comfortable to stay stuck in.

Cheers Nogget, wise words there. as usual mate
But we've probably left it too long

Always interested to hear other peoples srories though, glad it's not only me

How bizarre - I haven't got a clue whether it's because it's Springtime, but my family have been seriously feuding this weekend because of my brother's impending move and my sister-in-law's 'ahem' issues with overdoing the sauce. I am also glad that I'm not the only one. As for long-term gripes, well I'm a person who angers quickly, shouts and gets on with it afterwards. Ah well.

There are no feuds in my immediate family for we are all awesome, but I know my uncle stopped talking to my cousin over 'something to do with drugs'. God knows what. When he recently died, I'm not sure my cousin even went to the funeral. :(