Only Connect Page 17

Excellent
My series record is still working from last series so I was recording it anyway
Good to have it back

This is supposed to be a British programme. How the f**k are we supposed to know about the reverse of US banknotes - and the Superbowl? WTF!!! Who cares.

Got the Bowie albums though.

And that team who guessed the Britton, Britten clue but still got it wrong!

And f**king American football teams. WHY?

At least they had Man U players eh Chappers?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 11th July 2016, 9:43 PM BST

At least they had Man U players eh Chappers?

F**king typical! Bloody poncey f**king smart-arse f**king "Manu" - "Oooh I love Man U" f**king celebs.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th June 2016, 9:59 AM BST

Yes, it was £30 per last time, and as I said........."so far" so am hoping that when the dust has settled and the progs. in the can that I will have more than one they have used! Otherwise this is the last series I will contribute to as it is too much time spent for little reward.

And how much is the BCG paying you per post? Or are you on a monthly retainer?

Quote: Kenneth @ 12th July 2016, 7:06 AM BST

And how much is the BCG paying you per post? Or are you on a monthly retainer?

Less than Chappers gets. :(

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th July 2016, 9:30 AM BST

Less than Chappers gets. :(

Blimey. Well, perhaps you could go on strike until they start paying a decent rate.

Meanwhile, keeping on topic, the Brexit team chose the Arse of Horace, so you're left with the Twisted Sheaf. Here's your Connecting Wall:

Answers within three minutes.

Hooray and at last! One of mine was on the prog. last night, (STILL do not know how many they have used or when I will get paid! :( )which as it happens was inspired by one of the Punch cartoons I posted back in January of this year:-

So, what was the mistake in the last episode?

Quote: zooo @ 16th November 2016, 5:59 PM

She explained it at the end but I'm buggered if I can remember what it was.

Ha! I had to turn over just as it ended, so I missed it. Curses.

They depicted a quantity of steel to represent one of the gang of 4 that formed the SDP (David Steele, Bill Rodgers, David Owen, & Shirley Williams) whereas David Steele was, of course, never involved in setting up the SDP. It should have been Roy Jenkins.

So the picture of the steel was actually representing Roy Jenkins, which was a nonsense. Nobody noticed.

Steel wasn't a member of the Gang of Four. Victoria's pronunciations of foreign words are sometimes erroneous too.

Ahhhh. Thank you!
I had no chance of guessing that myself.

Quote: zooo @ 16th November 2016, 5:59 PM

What pissed me off was how was that supposed to be a photo of steel anyway?! It could have been anything and looked more like rods of aluminium if anything. It should have been unmistakeable, say a steel girder, apart from which how the hell did it pass all the verifiers and the main editor?

Take it from someone who contributed to that series - there was some very dodgy editing going on, but thank God that man is now not in charge!!