Carly Smallman on being called an ugly lard arse Page 5

Bloody hell. Pretty pertinent article. Pretty clueless forum rant. Clearly some people skimmed over the article because they didn't really care what was being said but instead were eager to ascribe their own mysoginistic preconceptions in place of actually understanding the subject matter. In a couple of small paragraphs Carly describes how none of the Twitter abuse had anything to do with her performance whatsoever. They were solely directed at her appearance (which is irrelevant, but none the less actually pretty freaking sweet).

Instead, the Twitter reviews of one her defining moments in her comedy career focussed solely on her physical features whilst the biting criticism directed at her male counterparts concerned their material, which if you think about it, is a bit like a female surgeon replacing your heart and you waking up from the operation and asking for it to be done again by a bloke because her makeup was shite.

I dunno it's a tough old world, when James Corden moved to London the Sun interviewed all the Greggs near his home to see if they felt they could cope with the loss of business.
This is trolling not critiquing, there's a lot of angry, sexually frustrated people out there. Some of them express their endless frustrations by sending rude tweets to any supposed potential date they see.
I think Family Guy put it best. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsHMSCdjqC4

People aren't twats because they are men, people are twats because they are twats

Now that is sexist!

It's not just comics who get judged by their sex appeal. I am having to have a new press release photo done next week.

Sorry, I'm only just catching up on this story., so please assist me...

Who is this woman & why would I want to f**k her?

Quote: danphobic @ 17th July 2014, 9:15 PM BST

Bloody hell. Pretty pertinent article. Pretty clueless forum rant. Clearly some people skimmed over the article because they didn't really care what was being said but instead were eager to ascribe their own mysoginistic preconceptions in place of actually understanding the subject matter. In a couple of small paragraphs Carly describes how none of the Twitter abuse had anything to do with her performance whatsoever. They were solely directed at her appearance (which is irrelevant, but none the less actually pretty freaking sweet).

Instead, the Twitter reviews of one her defining moments in her comedy career focussed solely on her physical features whilst the biting criticism directed at her male counterparts concerned their material, which if you think about it, is a bit like a female surgeon replacing your heart and you waking up from the operation and asking for it to be done again by a bloke because her makeup was shite.

Sorry, so are you "pro-chick" or "anti-chick", it's hard to gauge. Thanks ;) X

Did not realise I knew who this chick was but a You Tube search turned up her TV debut on the Rob Brydon Show, which I recalled thinking showed potential.

I quite enjoyed that Viral tap, apart from the clips

Quote: danphobic @ 17th July 2014, 9:15 PM BST

Instead, the twitter reviews of one her defining moments in her comedy career focussed solely on her physical features whilst the biting criticism directed at her male counterparts concerned their material,

They were hatemail not reviews and abuse is not biting criticism. If you want to hurt a man call him untalented, if you want to hurt a woman call her fat.

But I suppose we have to own that wanking gibbons on the internet (thank you Isabel for that image) exist on a spectrum that also includes A.A. Gill, the opera critic the Times and our own dear Renegade Carpark, so there is a valid point in all this somewhere.