Anyone else still find The Goodies funny?

Watched a few online and they still make me laugh.

This is my personal favourite. If I say the words 'ecky thump' then those of a certain age will remember that this episode killed a guy who laughed so much he had a heart attack . I am still scarred from being ecky thumped at school.

Here is 't'full episode':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxw2jO9XlKo

I must admit that I was flicking through the 'On Demand' section on Virgin Media and discovered an old episode of The Goodies which I watched for about ten minutes before switching it off. It's such a shame because I used to find them hilarious in the 80s and indeed still love Graeme and Tim on ISIHAC, but maybe I'll try again at some point?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 24th June 2014, 9:29 PM BST

I must admit that I was flicking through the 'On Demand' section on Virgin Media and discovered an old episode of The Goodies which I watched for about ten minutes before switching it off. It's such a shame because I used to find them hilarious in the 80s and indeed still love Graeme and Tim on ISIHAC, but maybe I'll try again at some point?

I love Graeme Garden's performance in the one episode of Yes, Minister...Death List it was called I think. He played the hard boiled special branch agent who briefs Hacker. Hilarious!

Still? Whistling nnocently

Loved them as a kid, but find them painful to watch now. I am not sure whether it is because I grew up or because television did.

Quote: Tursiops @ 25th June 2014, 9:33 AM BST

Loved them as a kid, but find them painful to watch now. I am not sure whether it is because I grew up or because television did.

I've never quite understood why people find silly television painful. If someone is digging themselves a hole, like Brent in The Office that is painful. Or watching blood and gore, that is painful, but silly TV is just watchable or not watchable.

Finding out what a grumpy, rude, miserable know-it-all sod Bill Oddie really is makes them less funny.

This was almost aimed at a younger audience I think. Monty Python was more for grown ups.

It was aimed at a younger audience but with a somewhat..erm..for want of a better word 'risqué' theme. I think it's rather chuckle filled but then again I haven't sat and watched an episode for a good while now. The later series weren't nearly as funny though, I think they kinda lost it after a few series and it just became a bit meh.

I've watched some sketches on You Tube and although they're hit and miss they're still 1000 x funnier than any TV or radio sketch shows of the last 10 years or so.

Most definitely!

Just watched this episode on YouTube and can honestly say it was as funny and enjoyable as as comedy I have watched this year. Great performance as well by Jack Douglas.

http://youtu.be/PL-0IdsEGXE

Quote: Stig Stigson @ 23rd June 2015, 9:38 PM BST

Finding out what a grumpy, rude, miserable know-it-all sod Bill Oddie really is makes them less funny.

I don't know him personally but have read articles saying he suffers from bi-polar which can cause the type of behaviour that manifests as you describe above.

I used to love The Goodies but haven't watched them for many years. Might give it another go. I performed The Funky Gibbon at a show once. It was memorable for all the wrong reasons.

Quote: Stig Stigson @ 23rd June 2015, 9:38 PM BST

That's what most comedians are like.

Perhaps the BBC should show a few episodes in their late afternoon BBC Two slot for old 1970s and 1980s sitcoms and let people make up their own minds?

It's always been a great mystery as to why the BBC has hardly ever repeated The Goodies while the likes of The Good Life and Porridge seem to be repeated over and over again.

Do the BBC actually own the rights to The Goodies?