Mr Sloane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4iUnD_QDsU

Quite a good start to the series. Looking forward to more.

Brilliant!... I've not enjoyed a new comedy on TV as much as Mr Sloane for absolute ages. But then I'm biased as I love Nick Frost & Olivia Colman anyway :) I've been singing its praises ever since I saw it last Friday.

In the first episode I believe - it had pregnant woman on tube mix-up and blocked toilet - two jokes I have never seen on TV before, so great to see it used by such a fresh and highly regarded actor as Nick Frost.

It must have been such a hoot in the room when the writers suggested these two ideas and the roof came of! Oh my god, that's genius! Never heard that before...

If only I could write such funny original moments in my comedy - I'm sure no script editor or producer would not at all point out the lack of severe originality.

I've watched a couple of episodes of this and it's not too bad. Quite sad in many ways but funny.

Have they cancelled this series then?

Cancelled implies prematurely ended mid-run, but no, it won't be returning for further series. I thought the comedy was quite sparing but really enjoyed the story and performances, so a little disappointed myself.

So it is cancelled then. A bit unusual for Britain but it's Sky so I'm not that fussed. I haven't seen it anyway because it's Sky. I suppose they've got to pay for the football somehow.

I rented it because I don't have Sky Atlantic via Virgin Media. A great show with some excellent period detail and good scripts. More of a 'dramedy' though.

Quote: Chappers @ 6th April 2015, 11:04 PM BST

So it is cancelled then. A bit unusual for Britain but it's Sky so I'm not that fussed. I haven't seen it anyway because it's Sky. I suppose they've got to pay for the football somehow.

On the contrary, Sky have all the money in the world since they aren't paying billions for champions league football and most premier league football from next year.