I Didn't Know You Cared Page 2

;) 'I heard that!, pardon', wonderful stuff.

Can't get into Peter Tinniswood, I'm afraid. Contemporary of David Nobbs really?

Didn't anyone find the books so depressing?

And the first two series were great, but the last two, I found to be, well not as good. And it didn't help that Carter and Pat changed.

Oh, and some reference about Mrs Mansfield Macclesfield.

Quote: john tregorran @ 30th December 2020, 1:05 AM

Uncle Mort in I didn't know you cared. That doesn't get repeated either.

Being repeated on UK Gold 1.20pm weekdays.

I 'eard that - pardon! But too late to watch it.

Watched series 1 episode 6 today. Apart from the obvious cast members I also picked up on Mrs Beardsmore from Ever Decreasing Circles and Thelma's sister from Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 9th August 2022, 9:55 PM

Watched series 1 episode 6 today. Apart from the obvious cast members I also picked up on Mrs Beardsmore from Ever Decreasing Circles and Thelma's sister from Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads

Thelma's sister? That was just a small part. Anita Carey was one of the main characters here.

Also Gretchen Franklin was Ethel in 'Stenders.

Recently watched Bert Palmer (Uncle Staveley in the first three series) as Mr. Dean in the 1975 film All Creatures Great and Small. Not a wonderful film but Bert Palmer (as Burt Palmer) gives a touching performance as an old man whose dog must be put to sleep. Fans of ACGS in all its incarnations will remember this story; the old gentleman gives James Herriot a tattered cigar as thanks for helping his dog.

I read every James Herriot book (Alf White) and all the original first series. I well remember the story in both.
A proper year jerker.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th September 2022, 7:24 PM

I read every James Herriot book (Alf White) and all the original first series. I well remember the story in both.
A proper year jerker.

ACGS always makes me laugh and cry... read the books, listened to them as audiobooks, watched the first television series several times and, now, the second. Not a patch on the first but watchable, I think.

Watching Emmerdale and Bob behind the bar said "I heard that pardon."