What DVD are you watching? Page 43

Quote: Chappers @ 15th December 2022, 10:46 AM

Bootsie and Snudge are (honestly) before my time and I've never seen it. The same as the Army Game.

They, and the prequel Army Game were before my time too, as my dolly bird radar was on full alert when they were on'telly. So, am certainly enjoying them now! Just a shame all the early ones with the likes of Bernard Bresslaw in were all wiped.

Once again I have forgotten how to show youtube vids

A 20-second clip of the BBC wiping their video tapes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTUhGlH8OS4

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th December 2022, 7:57 AM

Once again I have forgotten how to show youtube vids

A 20-second clip of the BBC wiping their video tapes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTUhGlH8OS4

Quote this and you will see - simples

Thank you once again. :)

Just finished (at last - I don't binge) the "ITV at 60" box-set of 12 discs covering a range of programmes since 1955.

Expensive, but well worth it for what you get. Some old familiars and some I've never heard of or watched - a mix of comedy, drama etc.

At the minute, I am watching The Carry On Film ultimate collection, the Last Of The Summer Wine complete collection and the Keeping Up Apperannces complete collection.

I'm watching Summer Wine and Keeping Up Apperances in episode order, I'm watching the Carry On's at random, picking and choosing whatever Carry On takes my fancy.

Robert Palmer's music videos including the notorious Addicted to Love, I didn't mean to turn you on and Simply irresistible described by the man himself as "a miasma of minge."

I think Robert Palmer was a great vocalist, he made high quality pop music I guess it would be called.

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 30th January 2023, 3:19 PM

I think Robert Palmer was a great vocalist, he made high quality pop music I guess it would be called.

A great career. The Alan Bown, Dada, Vinegar Joe (with Elkie Brooks) and solo (plus the Power Station.)

Come Fly with Me

I wished they'd made a second series , it's great

If you'll pardon the pun

Continuing with my newly acquired box-set of Men Behaving Badly. Now on second series, which introduces Tony, after Dermot left for foreign shores with some bit of stuff who had money.

I really had forgotten just how funny this series was - a laugh a minute, which is far more than can be said for some of the shite they pump out now in the name of comedy.

Funnily enough I watched some of that very same series today too! Great writing. A show properly finding its feet and turning into greatness.

I think I've said this elsewhere on the forum - it's Clunes who makes it for me. He is so funny in this.

Lost - series 6

'Lost' is right, cos I've literally no clue what the f**k is going on ....

Quote: lofthouse @ 4th February 2023, 2:04 PM

Lost - series 6

'Lost' is right, cos I've literally no clue what the f**k is going on ....

I don't know why you are bothering - I gave up watching live, as I think they were making it up as they went along.