Fun with LEGO Page 28

Aw, Hulk angry, Hulk make fire happen.

Snapped.

Heee.
Like the comic strip type format.

I was thinking of doing JAWS with my LEGO Hard-Hat Diver, but I found someone had already done a LEGO movie.

:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=occjwXiDqL8

It's a popular theme, here is another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=04hTQlqNZoM&feature=endscreen

and yet another:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQbwZIenn2c

and an excellent one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-WGaIIRoBE

Cheers, zooo.

You can still do it, billwill, everything's been done somewhere.

Quote: zooo @ February 17 2013, 2:58 PM GMT

Heee.
Like the comic strip type format.

I't's meant to be a strip of photos from a photobooth.

Spiderman sticks his head in and spoils the photo so Banner goes hulkshit. :)

Exactly, glad it worked. :)

Thanks again!!! :D

Ahhh. :$

Always good to need your joke explained. Soz, Nil!

:( :P

Quote: Godot Taxis @ February 18 2013, 11:30 AM GMT

I't's meant to be a strip of photos from a photobooth.

Spiderman sticks his head in and spoils the photo so Banner goes hulkshit. :)

I missed that as well, but when you look again to see this it makes the piece look even more impressive. Obviously Godot knows his superhero comics, or just has better eyesight.

Talking of which, I particularly like the inventive use of your spectacles' cleaning cloth. Have you thought of a career in set design?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ February 18 2013, 11:58 AM GMT

I missed that as well, but when you look again to see this it makes the piece look even more impressive.

Oh well, thanks anyway, AJK.

It lost some quality during the upload process, but that wouldn't help the 'story'.

Talking of which, I particularly like the inventive use of your spectacles' cleaning cloth. Have you thought of a career in set design?

Ha, correct(ish), it's for a phone. No, I just do it for giggles. :)

I missed that as well, but when you look again to see this it makes the piece look even more impressive. Obviously Godot knows his superhero comics, or just has better eyesight.

Neither. It's visual reasoning, which is a component part of intelligence.

The first thing you should notice is that the frames 'go down' 'rather than along' as they would in a printed strip. Admittedly there are more than the usual four of a photostrip but you would still question why the creator has put them one below the other rather than side by side.

There is also no progression of action as there would be in a comic strip - the figure remains in the centre of the frame in each shot with the same background - indicating he is not moving - and finally he becomes angry when spidey sticks his head into the frame - why? Because he's spoiled the photo. You might say: 'I thought he just got angry.', which is fine but also shows that you do not think about cause and effect or the reasons behind actions and events.

Many people have weak visual awareness and weak visual reasoning. You can't tell them this however - they believe they see what you see and they will argue their opinion is just as valid or even more so.

Now if only we could apply Godot's post to the film strip with speech bubbles and Spiderman represent AJK.

The photobooths I've been in have 4 photos in a square. Not a line of six going down. (As you acknowledge above, now I read it again.) That's why a photobooth was not the first thing to come to my mind. :)

A comic strip would go horizontally, but if Nil had done that they wouldn't have fit on this forum's pages.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ February 18 2013, 12:21 PM GMT

and they will argue their opinion is just as valid or even more so.

Yup. ;)

Quote: zooo @ February 18 2013, 12:41 PM GMT

The photobooths I've been in have 4 photos in a square. Not a line of six going down. (As you acknowledge above, now I read it again.) That's why a photobooth was not the first thing to come to my mind. :)

A comic strip would go horizontally, but if Nil had done that they wouldn't have fit on this forum's pages.

Yup. ;)

I'm sure you're aware of the term 'culture free' when applied to tests etc. In the same way that you didn't realise 'ew' was an Americanism, because you'd grown up with it, anyone over thirty will think of photobooths as outputting four pictures in a vertical strip, because that's what they all did. Back in the 70s and early eighties photobooths were a vital part of life in a way that's difficult to understand now. Their procedures and practices are ingrained in the thinking of people of a certain age and culture.

I've got a pretty high level of visual reasoning, but then I am an artist, so it's not surprising. A musician will have better understanding of time and pitch than a non-musician. Oddly we accept the concept of the musician hearing sound in a more thorough and sophisticated way than us, but not the artist seeing more or better.