RIP Davy Jones Page 2

There's a whole raft of songs they could play where Davy took the lead vocal, including some of the greats. A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You, Star Collector, Valleri & Look Out (Here Comes Tomorrow) to name a few.

Or Daddy's Song from the cult film Head (Keep watching for a cameo by Frank Zappa and a talking cow)

I've had the impulse to watch Head for the last couple of weekends, I may watch it this weekend in tribute.

Very sad. I love The Monkeys too. Daydream Believer is awesome.

RIP Davy Jones

Angry

Ok well I don't know who the real Davy Jones is, but my thoughts obviously go to his family.

Sorry Nill

RIP Davey
If it wasn't for the Monkees the Beatles would never have existed

Got the collection a few years back.
love all of it the well known & the less so.

I'm just listening to Now that the Party's Over

Forever young in childhood memories.

Very sad. The Monkees were a great band. I've just listened to Riu Chiu in tribute.

Sad to hear of the death a youthful looking 66 year old Davy Jones of the Monkeys and Ena Sharlples' grandson.

Only saw him last week on the boy band documentary and they are still the best (luckiest?) manufactured boyband. Their songwriters included Carole King and Neil Diamond, as well as Stephen Stills playing for them and Bob Rafelson doing the 'out there man' 60s cult movie Head featuring Frank Zappa.

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 29 2012, 8:01 PM GMT

There's a whole raft of songs they could play where Davy took the lead vocal, including some of the greats. [i]A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You

Probably my favourite Monkees song. The way they could interchange the lead singers and still produce great hits was probably second only to The Beatles, of whom they were in a way a tribute act. Great comedy TV series, but if they hadn't have done it, their music wouldn't be half as under rated, as it's very good. Sad news indeed as I believe they had/still have a UK tour this year. :( Hope this boosts their record sales as other pop deaths have done lately, as this lot deserve another listen. A crackin bunch of blokes too, just like The Beatles.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ February 29 2012, 9:06 PM GMT

RIP Davey
If it wasn't for the Monkees the Beatles would never have existed

Got the collection a few years back.
love all of it the well known & the less so.

I'm just listening to Now that the Party's Over

The Monkees were in fact an American rip-off/take off of the Beatles, just like the Rutles. RIP Davy Jones.

Quote: Badge @ February 29 2012, 7:47 PM GMT

RIP. Echo what everyone else has said.

*Memo to radio producers: it might be better to pay tribute to Davy Jones by playing songs that he sang the lead vocal on rather than a medley with Mickey Dolenz's voice ringing out*

But that would mean they would have to play Day Dream Believer over and over again as it was the only song he sang lead vocals on.

As for the comment "if it wasn't for the monkees the bealtes would never of existed". The Monkees were only formed to cash in on the success of The Beatles!

Classic comedy show The Monkees and such a shame he passed away at only 66, I have fond memories of mimicking their Monkees walk with friends as a kid :)

R.I.P Davy Jones

Quote: Tim Azure @ March 1 2012, 11:31 AM GMT

The Monkees were in fact an American rip-off/take off of the Beatles, just like the Rutles. RIP Davy Jones.

The Rutles were a British invention. They started life on Rutland Weekend Television (a Python spin-off which starred Eric Idle) and all their songs were written by Neil Innes (who also played (Ron) Nasty), a former member of the Bonzo Dog Band.

Fare thee well randy scouse git :(

Quote: Martin Caine @ March 1 2012, 5:13 PM GMT

But that would mean they would have to play Daydream* Believer over and over again as it was the only song he sang lead vocals on.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

Quote: Martin Caine @ March 1 2012, 5:13 PM GMT

But that would mean they would have to play Day Dream Believer over and over again as it was the only song he sang lead vocals on.

No, it's not. Although I'm quite happy to hear Daydream Believer over and over again