Dangerous fake email scams Page 35

I'm too old for all that malarkey, smashing pussy to me is a lovely cat. A big booty is for a baby with large feet and all styles of ride is a day at Alton Towers.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd October 2021, 3:21 PM

I wish I had the knowledge and nerve to engage in these phone/computer scammers, as some people do and reverse the situation by letting it go far enough so they can invade the scammers computer and reek havoc.

There's some beauts on FB. Laughing out loud

My favourite answer when a scammer tells me there is something wrong with my broadband or somesuch is: " Oh you have to talk to my Boss, he does everything relating to the payment. His phone number is 0300 123 2040"

That's actually the phone number on which to report scams. :)

NEARLY got caught out by this one, which I find alarming, as I'm usually so cynical. Even got as far as filling in my bank details (all for the 49p admin charge!!) until I woke up and thought WTF! This doesn't sound right................easily done I suppose, but my radar must have been down :-

Generate your new Green Pass (Booster dose)

Dear Sir/Madam,

New Green Pass can now be used to demonstrate proof of a booster or third dose for outbound international travel.

Starting today people who have had a booster or a third dose will be able to demonstrate their vaccine status through the Green Pass from 20 January 2022.

Old Green Pass will stop working from 30 January 2022 becoming inactive and everyone needs to generate a new Green Pass which will include Booster dose.

In order to get a new Green Pass follow the instructions.
Who is eligible?
All eligible people aged 18 or over.
UK citizens and their families, and legal residents.

How do I generate a new Green Pass?
You can generate your new Green Pass via NHS portal by clicking the button below:

This update to the Green Pass will mean people can have their complete medical picture at their fingertips if they are going on holiday or seeing loved ones overseas.

All eligible people aged 18 or over can get their booster jab at one of thousands of sites across the country.
It has never been easier to get this important extra protection - if you are aged 18 or over, or eligible for other reasons (such as being a frontline health or care worker, or at greater risk from COVID-19), please get your booster vaccination now. This can be three months after your last dose.

I've had a lot of real-looking emails from anti-virus software companies telling me my subscription has or is running out.
The obvious 'click here' link is there to renew it.

But you really would think the scammers would try for a better email address

info_biVsrQ77uNb@vkssgvldqgu.pigdead.com

pigdead.com has just recently been registered for the free email address.

My partner is in the process of moving. She got an email supposedly from the solicitor asking for a 5% deposit. She thought that this was unusual so she contacted them directly and apparently their secretary's email had been hacked.

Got one today about TV Licensing, saying they've not recieved my payment and I need to update payment details.
I pay by direct debit - so that's bollocks.
Plus it's signed, somewhat unconvincingly - " Yours sincerely, Television in the UK"
Of course, the return e-mail is an absolute word salad.

Quote: Lazzard @ 23rd May 2023, 9:20 AM

" Yours sincerely, Television in the UK"

😆 Love it!

I just got this one today.

We are committed to providing the highest level of security and service. In line with this commitment, we periodically review customer account details. We have noticed that your account details need to be updated.

Please click the button below to update your details.

Update Details
This is a necessary step to ensure your account remains secure. We appreciate your prompt attention to this matter.

Thank you for banking with TSB.

I'm not even with the TSB. (Does it still exist?)

Haven't had any email ones lately, but a number of phone calls "noting that c.£300 and c.£1000 had been paid to blah de blah from my account", and by an amazing coincidence I had one from Virgin Media saying I had been having trouble with the internet (which I had!), and I said "Well, your guy came yesterday" (which he had and fitted a new hub), which totally threw her, and she rang off.

I usually block them, but the bastards have an enormous array of phone numbers they ring from, so what I do occasionally is to hold them in conversation while I get my rape alarm and then give them a good blast in the mouthpiece............I then say "Hello, are you still there?", which they are not, of course. 😆

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th July 2023, 3:32 PM

I get my rape alarm and then give them a good blast in the mouthpiece.

Do you have a lot of call for your rape alarm?

Quote: Chappers @ 17th July 2023, 3:36 PM

Do you have a lot of call for your rape alarm?

Well. I got one after you attacked me that time - you remember, you dirty boy.

A good old Anglo-Saxon name like Alan or Susan but the accent of Peter Sellars in The Millionairess :-)

Done playing along now, just "F**k off and get a proper job".

I got an email yesterday from Norton anti-virus thanking me for my payment (via PayPal) for their life-lock protection.
I am now covered against viruses for life (or 2 years whichever comes first) and they are delivering it with UPS.
This life-lock thing must be heavy because it has cost me $460 and it hasn't even arrived yet.
Bruce Meadows has sold me this and has kindly let me know from his ambrosewaveruigd@gmail.com email address.
But he has forgotten my name, so refers to me as just 'Dear - which is nice.
He did include the invoice so that I know it's legitimate.