Dangerous fake email scams Page 34

It's getting close to a pink nighty and a rubber room for you.

She's making it hard for me.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 15th September 2021, 7:08 PM

She's making it hard for me.

That's disgusting - put it back in your trousers you dirty boy.

The thread's not Dangerous wank email scams

Got an unwanted Monty Python sketch in my inbox. Must be spam.

There is a new virus ransomware called Conti or the conti strain.
Don't worry - it's not after you, not unless you run a big company.
One of my customers phoned me, they dare not even email me to say they had been infected.
They were wanting to know if I had backups of the software I had supplied them over the years. (back to 1995)
I have and we are on with it.

This is a nasty virus that encrypts files with as is described 'military grade encryption'
You then have to pay for a decryption key from the hackers. And when I say pay, large corporations are asked for millions.
If your files are backed up anywhere, including cloud, it will encrypt those too.

There is no cure for it. At best, certain companies will offer to negotiate the price with the hackers.
If I or you got it, we would just have to do a clean re-format of the ssd's or hard-drives, losing everything on them. (or buy new ones)

Big companies can't do that.

This is a new one on me, and I noticed it had been sent to multiple emails starting with the same first name as me..................

I just got a good one. It was "from" Paypal. It had a warning at the bottom about phishing that I assume they copied from a legit one saying that Paypal always addresses it's emails to 'first name' 'last name', and not to trust anything addressed to 'dear email address'. The email started off "dear Sexybitch69@hotmail.com" (not my actual email). So the fake email actually told me it was fake. Bit more effort please scammers!

I get frequent phone calls that are attempted scams.

I replied to one the other day as: "International Fraud Squad, can I help you?".
I heard a female giggle from the other end before they cut the connection. :)

I wish I had the knowledge and nerve to engage in these phone/computer scammers, as some people do and reverse the situation by letting it go far enough so they can invade the scammers computer and reek havoc.

There's some beauts on FB. Laughing out loud

I would expect that most of the Facebook postings are faked. It's not typically trivial to break into a modern computer that's protected by common safeguards. I would expect that the people running the scams have above-average protection.

Not impossible, however: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2021/10/fbi-others-crush-revil-using-ransomware-gangs-favorite-tactic-against-it/?amp=1

Sorry, I meant YT, and the ones I heard were most certainly genuine, where the guy had to let the scammer access his computer, then faffs about and delays the scammer while he invades the scammer's computer and deletes as many files as he can before cutting the connection.
The language the Asian scammer came up with and his attitude, made for no doubt the thing was 100% genuine.

Like I say, I wish I had the nerve and the knowledge.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th September 2021, 8:27 AM

There is a new virus ransomware called Conti.

I've been called that.
There are loads of fake calls here that suck away your credit.

I had one the other day. It was a recorded message. It started saying I should ignore it and then threatened something to do with Magistrates. I just cut it off. There was a number though.

0131 225 2525.

I was tempted to ring back but then I thought it might cost a bomb.

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/the-courts/court-locations/edinburgh-sheriff-court-and-justice-of-the-peace-court

The overall rating for telephone number 0131 225 2525 is Negative.There have been 11,842 phone lookups and 189 comments relating to this number. On this page: 15 Users rated it as Dangerous, 4 Users rated it as Harassing and 1 User rated it as Unknown.. The summary of detected keywords found in the reports is as follow: scam (20 times), Edinburgh Sheriff Court (6 times), c

I'm getting popular with the ladies as I get older. Lots of invites to see pictures of them and even sex.
All I have to do is click the link.

Here's one today.
Am Christine, I'm looking for a good looking guy to smash my hot pussy and big booty. A dry spell is killing me, just a one-night stand is will satisfy me. Am so romantic so the man should be set for a cock sucking and all styles of ride whole night, I expect this will remain secret. If possible, I will like a guy to host, am available the whole weekend. It's basically for an experience with an older guy. No tokens but he should host me

So tell us all about it afterwards then.