Would I Lie To You? Page 7

It just occured to me earlier what a stroke of genius it was putting Richard Wilson on. The chances of him accidentally saying I don't believe it would've been quite high - Jimmy should've left it to happen!

Hello and welcome btw, Staraflur Wave
Are you American or an ex-pat?

Quote: ian_w @ July 27 2008, 1:59 PM BST

Do you mean "used to be Irish?"

Welcome Staraflur.

Quote: ian_w @ July 27 2008, 1:59 PM BST

Many thanks to you and the others for the lovely welcome! I am all-American, but attended university in Northern England. I was introduced to the genius of Reeves & Mortimer my first week there, and I was never the same. In a good way, of course.

Quote: Staraflur @ July 28 2008, 2:29 AM BST

Many thanks to you and the others for the lovely welcome! I am all-American, but attended university in Northern England. I was introduced to the genius of Reeves & Mortimer my first week there, and I was never the same. In a good way, of course.

I went to a northern uni as well! Which did you go to?
R&M are great - I absolutely loved Shooting Stars. So you managed to decipher their Geordie accents then? :)

Have to say, I thought that the love poems was bar FAR Frankie's weakest part of the show. Heyho.

Quote: Aaron @ July 29 2008, 9:53 PM BST

bar FAR

hehehe

Reeeally?

I nearly wet myself at how crap he was at lying in that bit.

Richard Wilson's learn dancing video :D

Anyone know where I can get a copy?

Quote: Bam! @ July 29 2008, 10:08 PM BST

Richard Wilson's learn dancing video :D

Anyone know where I can get a copy?

I searched utube at the time. No luck. Maybe you'll find it in a charity shop.

Quote: zooo @ July 29 2008, 9:57 PM BST

Reeeally?

I nearly wet myself at how crap he was at lying in that bit.

Yeah, it was just so obviously a lie that he didn't even seem to be trying to me! Just a bit crap really.

Aw. I thought he was trying, just not very well.
They do only see it for the first time when they read it out, so it's sweet when they fluster about.

Quote: zooo @ July 29 2008, 10:45 PM BST

Aw. I thought he was trying, just not very well.
They do only see it for the first time when they read it out, so it's sweet when they fluster about.

I loved the flustering. Also, if it's true they have no idea what the card will say beforehand (which could be a crap lie, in itself), I think he really did put in an effort. It was just a subject that he couldn't pretend to know anything about.

I always make this much sense at 11pm. :$

Am I the only one who finds Olivia Colman attractive? She looks really good tonight and I always loved her in Green Wing and as Bev (with Kev).

She's lovely, yeah. Went a bit ropey when she had her kid, but now she's back to lovely.

Great one tonight.

Hugh Dennis made up for 2 series of shitness on Mock with a superb bit about cereal.

Mack and Mitchell were great, as ever and Peter S was worth it for "Lamination?!"

The latest show confirmed even further to me that Mitchell is a smarmy, smug, unfunny gobshite. And I can't see anything ever changing my mind on that one. The guy is an arse.