General, General Thread Page 2,496

Quote: Booo @ August 6 2012, 4:12 PM BST

I'm going to, it's booked, the earliest I could get was an early evening appointment.
I just wondered if anyone here had had a similar experience or could think of anything else I haven't thought of.

Edit: ok, thanks. I thought that photo showed the bumps quite clearly.

I've had dogs that have had an allergic reaction to cat fleas (despite being previously treated with proper flea control treatment) that became scabby rashes, but they also scratched the area alot.

Quote: Booo @ August 6 2012, 4:08 PM BST

She's been treated for fleas and ticks, yes. I use the Frontline treatment.

OK. I'm guessing you use the right amount for her weight. Of course you do, you're not stupid.

I had a cat hyperventilating last week after putting a flea spot on its neck. I'll have to try something new next time.

Horse flies? they are nasty like bats, they make cattle bleed, let us know how doggy is please Hug

Quote: dellas @ August 6 2012, 5:57 PM BST

Horse flies? they are nasty like bats, they make cattle bleed, let us know how doggy is please Hug

Probably, the vet said. Whatever it was it was a severe allergic reaction though, she'd not seen one like that before. So 35 squids and an injection later we're back home and hopefully it'll go down within the next 24 hours.

Awwww. Poor doggy. May she get many treats and cuddles.

Quote: zooo @ August 6 2012, 6:57 PM BST

Awwww. Poor doggy. May she get many treats and cuddles.

Ta. :)

She was trying to make friends with the cat in the waiting room but he was having none of it.

:) My partner was bitten yesterday He made such a fuss! I guessed 'horse-fly' t is good that doggy feels comfortable now, they have strong anti-bodies so should recover well, pleased for you, Cheers x

Why didn't we have the meet up in Sheringham? Seems to be a popular location.

You might aswell, cos' no one is interested in Man--bloody-chester!

Quote: dellas @ August 6 2012, 7:15 PM BST

:) My partner was bitten yesterday He made such a fuss! I guessed 'horse-fly' t is good that doggy feels comfortable now, they have strong anti-bodies so should recover well, pleased for you, Cheers x

I make a fuss too if I get bitten by what you call a 'horsefly' (we call it a 'cleg' here). I have a very severe reaction with huge swelling. It's quite alarming.

Quote: keewik @ August 6 2012, 9:41 PM BST

I have a very severe reaction with huge swelling.

I sometimes think I would like to be bitten by a horse fly . . .

I'm not entirely sure what a horse fly is.

Quote: zooo @ August 6 2012, 10:16 PM BST

I'm not entirely sure what a horse fly is.

A unicorn.

Ooooooh, pretty. *claps and jumps*