Kevin Bridges Page 3

Oh yes, that effect where they make the world look like toyland. It has a name but I can't remember it.

It's called "tiny building camera", zooo

>_<

Quote: zooo @ February 16 2012, 11:04 PM GMT

I just think it's like Dara O'Briain, he simply looks a lot older than he is, so when you hear he's in his early 20s it's a surprise.

Dara O'Briain in his twenties?
F**k me, he's had a hard life!

:D

This hasn't improved much. The sections where he's talking to other comedians is quite natural and funny, but the bits where he interacts with the public are just awkward. He's been doing the comedy too young, too long I reckon, hasn't learned how to be normal.... Whistling nnocently

Quote: zooo @ February 17 2012, 11:06 AM GMT

Oh yes, that effect where they make the world look like toyland. It has a name but I can't remember it.

Tilt shift photography, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilt-shift_photography

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ February 16 2012, 7:59 PM GMT

Just noticed that this thread was started in December 2010, and that quite a lot of the posts on the first page mention his age.

He's 25 now, according to Wikipedia, and yet I'm pretty certain I saw him introduced with a gag about his age on telly not so long ago.

Isn't he old enough now that this isn't an issue and we can just discuss the strength of his comedy without patronizing the poor child?

I don't think even 23 was a mentionably young age. I had a job I was quite good at when I was 23.

You were not a high court judge then ? He's no Peter Cook. You can only take the mick out of you parents, teachers and friends for so long. He reminds me of a young Jimmy Tarbuck.

Quote: Safdar Shah @ March 2 2012, 4:13 AM GMT

He reminds me of a young Jimmy Tarbuck.

Nah, not enough Ho Ho's

Quote: Tony Cowards @ March 1 2012, 1:49 AM GMT

Tilt shift photography, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilt-shift_photography

Thanks!

Quote: garyd @ March 2 2012, 1:52 PM GMT

Nah, not enough Ho Ho's

Jimmy Tarbuck didn't Ho Ho until he was twenty-nine. Kevin Bridges is a cheeky youngster just like Tarby was when he first did the London Palladium.

Following on from my Ross Noble post last night and at the risk of being seen as a GOM, caught a bit of him tonight and, to me, he's as funny as a fire in an orphanage to quote the great man.

:|

I find him mostly amusing, but I'm sick of the Chad Hogan crap.

In fairness, that was an old gig last night. Think the beeb are overdoing his exposure. That's the same gig they use in that 'What's the story' shite.

To be honest Kevin Bridges isn't my favourite stand-up, I find him aggressive in his delivery of his material. It just doesn't do it for me.