Skit Comp 7-14.7.9 Page 2

It's Cool Mikado's fo-real.

Some great sketches this week. Really liked Michael's and Cool Mik's, but it's another Sunshine week for me.

Wow, hard to choose a winner! I liked Nil Putters, Steve Sunshine, Charley, Nigel Kelly, Cool Mikado and Otterfox.

OK I'll go for NIGEL KELLY because of the last line of his sketch, ace!

:)

I was baffled by some of these! Craig and Nil I was left looking for the punchline but at least they read like sketches, Jay H's sketch just seemed like a normal exchange from a Casualty script?

Charley's was very Jo Brand (alright if you like that sort of thing)
Nigel went to great lengths for a pun but didn't really do it for me. It wasn't the worst pun of the bunch, but the best pun award goes to Frankie Rage.

Overall though only one winner STEVE SUNSHINE he had the best idea for a sketch and executed it perfectly. The only really funny sketch in the bunch with great knowledge of 90's board games to boot!

Quote: Tom G @ July 15 2010, 9:22 AM BST

I was baffled by some of these! Craig and Nil I was left looking for the punchline but at least they read like sketches

I'm a work in progress. :D

Tom G for me.

Quote: Tom G @ July 15 2010, 9:22 AM BST

Jay H's sketch just seemed like a normal exchange from a Casualty script

was just tryn to do a daft wee reverse - dr explains op to patient to stop them worrying - but it is actually a dr who is worried about doin the op.
Hands up - didnt work, not funny.
steve sunshine wins.

Quote: JayH @ July 15 2010, 10:31 AM BST

was just tryn to do a daft wee reverse - dr explains op to patient to stop them worrying - but it is actually a dr who is worried about doin the op.
Hands up - didnt work, not funny.
steve sunshine wins.

No need to explain the joke Jay. My only annoyance was the poor edit (I assume you didn't give it a second glance for errors?). I didn't think it was by any means a poor attempt and it wasn't a Casualty scene either - that was just Tom trying to be a smart arse. Don't be put off - come back next week!

How long have you been writing?

Lots to enjoy as always. Liked a lot of the lines in Otterfox's sketch but ultimately who could resist oversized tweezers? Not me.

Steve Sunshine

Quote: Craig H @ July 15 2010, 12:42 PM BST

Don't be put off - come back next week!

How long have you been writing?

thanks mate. Only started writing (attempting to) in the last month or so. That was my 4th sketch. Still not got the knack yet - never been happy with one yet, hence, I thought I would do some in the comp to get some practice. Know any online sources? Jay

Sorry Jay, didn't realise you were that new to it! I think you had a good idea just wasn't signposted well enough! Its all personal taste anyway.

Quote: Tom G @ July 15 2010, 1:37 PM BST

Sorry Jay, didn't realise you were that new to it!

no probs m8. At the end of the day it didnt work - on to the next one!

Jo Brand :O I'm hurt.

Nigel Kelly gets my vote.

Quote: JayH @ July 15 2010, 1:06 PM BST

thanks mate. Only started writing (attempting to) in the last month or so. That was my 4th sketch. Still not got the knack yet - never been happy with one yet, hence, I thought I would do some in the comp to get some practice. Know any online sources? Jay

There aren't a lot of sources for sketch writing online or otherwise as far as I know.
This thread was almost useful https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/13415/

Enjoyed your sketch By the way JayH, although I didn't quite get it first read.

Back on Topic.
Among some very funny sketches Kasm just edges it for me with some nice tight wordplay.

I liked Michael and Steve's but KASM gets the nod from me.