The gambling thread Page 35

Nice one Billy. I shall take that up.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 11th November 2022, 5:10 PM

Y
If you bet £10 on any country to win the World Cup with 888sport.com they are giving a £5 free bet every time that team wins a match. So, if you find a team that can win just two of their group games, you will break even and then anything on top of that is a bonus. France (who play Tunisia, Australia & Denmark in their group) seem to fit that criterion.

Yes I took this offer up putting a tenner on Brazil
And used my first free bet on a Senegal France double ( as I don't think you can bet odds on )

So i've got £9.43 back in the coffers, so more or less broken even

cheers for the heads up Billy

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 13th November 2022, 8:25 AM

Nice one Billy. I shall take that up.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 26th November 2022, 7:33 PM

Yes I took this offer up putting a tenner on Brazil
And used my first free bet on a Senegal France double ( as I don't think you can bet odds on )

So I've got £9.43 back in the coffers, so more or less broken even

cheers for the heads up Billy

Glad to be of assistance. I have had two free bets as a result of France's two victories to date so have, in effect, already broken even with more games still to come.

And, as far as

You can buy the number of times the ball is put in the net in the World Cup without a goal being awarded (eg disallowed goals, kicked in in a fit of pique, etc) at 23.5 with Sporting Index. Extra time included but not penalty shoot-outs. 23.5 times in 64 games? With VAR in operation? Surely...

is concerned, I cashed in for a profit of 15 x my stake after there were four disallowed goals in the first five games.

Any luck with your two free bets?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 26th November 2022, 8:35 PM

Any luck with your two free bets?

Well, the first one lost unfortunately but it was a bet I would have had anyway so at least it wasn't my own money that I lost. The second one was as a result of France's win this evening so it hasn't been awarded yet. I'll have to be more prudent with that one.

England's odds are lengthening to win the WC outright.
They were about 7/1 before it started now you can get 9/1 or 10/1.
I still think it's a good value bet.

I've got a tenner on Brazil from Billy's suggestion
and did a back up on France that would get me a drink. But as I consider myself a bad gambler I feel a bet on England might Jinx them
And if they did win the money wouldn't matter

I made a good few bob* betting on Italy for the last Euro finals
them winning outright , them winning on penalties and it being a draw after 90

*good for me and my small stake gambling - 70 quid

If you bet £10 on any country to win the World Cup with 888sport.com they are giving a £5 free bet every time that team wins a match. So, if you find a team that can win just two of their group games, you will break even and then anything on top of that is a bonus. France (who play Tunisia, Australia & Denmark in their group) seem to fit that criterion.

Four £5 free bets to date for my £10 stake and still going strong @ 15/2 to win the tournament.

I was already up on my online accounts this month having withdrawn all my original £10 deposits in each with still some money to mess around with having had a bit of luck on slots and betting on penalty shoot outs in the World cup knockout stages

So I was messing around with my last 7 quid on Virgin bet playing the Goonies slot machine, as they were offering 5 free spins if you staked a fiver, with 2 quid left I unlocked the special feature and sat back as I won 58 quid
After withdrawing £50 I went on to use my last 7 quid on Coral and won another £20 on the Eye of Horus slot machine.

So this Christmas I'm getting Heroes, Quality street , Celebrations and Roses, the whole Shebang let the good times roll

I've got a super bowl bet on
The scorers have come in, I just need the score to be over 50 points
Come on dudes, up your scoring , this isn't Soccer ball

had money on bengals going all the way but too much faith in burrows and their D was nowhere near as good as phili and KC.

had money on argentina and alvarez double aswell but they didnt play alvarez early and kind of hurt my chances. been close on some big ones but no dice.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 13th February 2023, 1:13 AM

I've got a super bowl bet on
The scorers have come in, I just need the score to be over 50 points
Come on dudes, up your scoring , this isn't Soccer ball

And...? Don't leave us in suspense.

They scored more than 50 points.

Had a few beers at the airport bar with a guy who was heading home from the big game. His team lost.

crazy thing with the superbowl was that going in the teams had the same amount of points scored all season and it was tied at 35 with 1 minute to go. insane. probably the closest 2 finalists have ever been in the big game as per sportsbetting3.com . its hard to take a loss when it just comes down to a kick like that.

Sky bet are having their usual money-back special at Cheltenham this week.
But, they must have been badly stung in the past.
It was a maximum of 20 pounds at the beginning and I made a killing at absolutely no risk.
Then it went to 10 pounds max free bet.
This year it's down to 2 pounds.
If you want a little punt of 2 quid each day - it's there, with no risk.