The 100 Greatest Stand-Ups 2010 Page 4

:D

I'm in the camp that believe that Max never told 'that' joke !

:)

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 11 2010, 9:51 PM BST

I'm in the camp that believe that Max never told 'that' joke !

:)

What joke was that then?

They should do a "Current Greatest Stand-Ups" show, making it more relevant and hopefully encouraging people to get out and buy a ticket!

Quote: Ian Wolf @ April 12 2010, 6:39 AM BST

What joke was that then?

From watching the clip I can only imagine the anal sex gag.

These shows are always crap. Ultimately they satisfy nobody.

Even threads about these shows are crap. Like this one.

I'm just sick of standups, they're everywhere now, advertising, doing panel shows, doing sitcoms, doing movies, on the radio, writing novels, biographies, some are involved in politics - the commerciality of it all has got really offputting, most of them are insanely ambitious and mercenary, incredibly vain, and as we recently found out, ridiculously jealous and bitter when they feel lesser acts are getting more success than them. So, 'STANDUPS, PLEASE SIT DOWN!' I am sick of you all.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ April 12 2010, 10:52 AM BST

I'm just sick of standups, they're everywhere now, advertising, doing panel shows, doing sitcoms, doing movies, on the radio, writing novels, biographies, some are involved in politics - the commerciality of it all has got really offputting, most of them are insanely ambitious and mercenary, incredibly vain, and as we recently found out, ridiculously jealous and bitter when they feel lesser acts are getting more success than them. So, 'STANDUPS, PLEASE SIT DOWN!' I am sick of you all.

You tell that showboating Daniel Kitson son of a bitch!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ April 12 2010, 10:52 AM BST

You shouldn't complain like this. You don't know what it is like to live in a country, where standup is dead like here in Germany. Appreciate what you have, even if it is a little too much, it is far worse to have nothing.

I would harp on about how appalling it was that Alexei Sayle was waaaay down the list but

1) He hasn't done stand up for over 20 years, so fair play
2) I should have voted for him and not Stu Lee

and

3) It doesn't really matter. It's just a bit of fun.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 12 2010, 2:10 PM BST

3) It doesn't really matter. It's just a bit of fun.

Is "fun" the right word? Eh?

I suppose the most interesting thing about the poll is the changes in public opinion and the random bits of trivia it throws up: (Well, I say interesting...)

"Amongst the comedians that appeared in the 2007 list that dropped out of the top 100 in 2010 were Jim Bowen (97th), George Burns (89th), Mitch Hedberg (78th), John Thomson (71st), Mike Reid (67th), Rhona Cameron (65th), and Andrew "Dice" Clay (38th).

Amongst the new comedians that appeared in the 2010 list but not in the 2007 list were Shappi Khorsandi (99th), Tim Minchin (81st), Jason Manford (65th), Rhod Gilbert (42nd), Russell Howard (35th), Frankie Boyle (29th) and Michael McIntyre (9th).

The biggest mover in the poll (apart from those who were not on the poll previously) was Lee Mack. Originally in 95th place in the 2007, he finished in 21st in 2010. That is a rise of 74 places."

Quote: chipolata @ April 12 2010, 2:59 PM BST

Is "fun" the right word? Eh?

Fun as opposed to the list being some kind of definite statement, yes. Why, did you find the whole thing trying?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 12 2010, 3:17 PM BST

Fun as opposed to the list being some kind of definite statement, yes. Why, did you find the whole thing trying?

I didn't watch it. :$

Quote: chipolata @ April 12 2010, 3:18 PM BST

I didn't watch it. :$

Fair comment from a fair man.