Community Page 6

I just finished my third viewing of Pillows & Blankets, and then tried to imagine a UK show having the intelligence, ambition and sheer balls to even try and pull off something as incredible. We could not be further behind the Americans when it comes to sitcom.

If it makes you feel any better Tristram Shapeero directed the episodes.

This week's episode takes place entirely in the Dreamatorium and is apparently the most batshit mental thing they've ever done. I can't wait.

Quote: Vince Ives @ April 18 2012, 9:12 PM BST

This week's episode takes place entirely in the Dreamatorium and is apparently the most batshit mental thing they've ever done. I can't wait.

I have no idea what just happened, this episode has broken my brain.

No, no, no... it was Abed's brain that got broken. I found it to be fairly straight forward. Looks like they finally figured out how to combine the far-out episodes with the more standard will they/won't they rom-com thing... although I'm not sure that's a good thing.

I've only seen a few episodes of L&O, but that just blew my mind. So many good gags, Troy almost throwing up in the lab was hilarious.

Yea the Law and Order was great... the commercials all week had me worried since they focused so much on that "dun-dun" L&O sound. Bringing back Michael Kenneth Williams really helped to ground everything and bring in some grit.

GOOD NEWS: Community is coming back for a fourth season.

BAD NEWS: They've just sacked the shows creator, show runner, all round main creative driving force Dan Harmon:

http://danharmon.tumblr.com/

Rarely has an American sitcom been so identified with it's creator, this is going to be a tough one for the show to get past.

Harmon's gone, Chris McKenna's gone, the Russo brothers are gone, Neil Goldman and Garrett Donovan are gone. I'm Megan Ganz away from not bothering with season 4.

Has there been a proper reason given for his sacking? It's a pretty big risk for a network to take, so I'm assuming from their point of view they felt they had good reason?

There doesn't really have to be a proper reason, as all the fans know why it has happened. They had to re-air after the fan backlash, but Harmon is an unbreakable force and won't bend over to make it more mainstream. So the execs fire the man and bring in replacements. One of two things will happen: they'll make it more mainstream/accessible (network win),OR it'll be shit and the fans will lose interest meaning that the network can cancel it without fear of backlash (network win). The unlikely third option is that it'll still be great, but I really really can't see that happening.

I'm so disappointed about it- this show means more to me personally than any other I've seen. It does so much with so little. It makes me want to cry.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 11 2012, 1:36 PM BST

There doesn't really have to be a proper reason, as all the fans know why it has happened. They had to re-air after the fan backlash, but Harmon is an unbreakable force and won't bend over to make it more mainstream.

Is it about a drive to make it more mainstream, or that Harmon is massively high maintenance and difficult for the network to work with?

It could easily be both. I suppose they would have to be connected- one is symptomatic of the other.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Amazing stuff, cannot stop giggling, nev er heard/seen it but yes it is my thang, was it on Sky? don't have Sky.

It's on the Sony Channel at the moment. Is yet to be picked up by a big UK channel. It's on Virgin On Demand also.