Things that piss you off Page 1,653

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 10th March 2016, 2:00 PM GMT

Laughing out loud

By Lentheric? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tShArz5J0bY

How about (male) friends when that find it great to go to the cinema with you when they're not in a relationship, but are scanning Tinder almost constantly. Fast forward three weeks and nothing .....

Flies in my flat. I have spent a hour tonight trying to kill of the buggers. Spray wouldn't do it and even swatting didn't work at first. I also had two last and the night before and one earlier in the week.

I can't figure out how they are getting in. I've only got a wooden door, so only have it open to come in or out. I've lived here over five years and I rekon in all that time I've had less than this week.

Quote: lofthouse @ 10th March 2016, 10:04 PM GMT

Omg how you've suffered...

How do you manage to just carry on going after such hardship?

It's a tremendous day-to-day struggle, I can tell you. I think I deserve a damehood for my efforts.

Quote: reds @ 11th March 2016, 1:53 PM GMT

Flies in my flat. I have spent a hour tonight trying to kill of the buggers. Spray wouldn't do it and even swatting didn't work at first. I also had two last and the night before and one earlier in the week.

I can't figure out how they are getting in. I've only got a wooden door, so only have it open to come in or out. I've lived here over five years and I rekon in all that time I've had less than this week.

Is there any chance that there's a dead thing somewhere (bird, bat, mouse etc) whose corpse is attracting them?

Or an air vent?

Quote: keewik @ 11th March 2016, 2:41 PM GMT

Is there any chance that there's a dead thing somewhere (bird, bat, mouse etc) whose corpse is attracting them?

Don't think so because I can't smell anything and they aren't hanging around one area.

Quote: zooo @ 11th March 2016, 2:50 PM GMT

Or an air vent?

No air vents. I've got two windows but the screens haven't been damaged.

My kitchen was once infested long ago with many many tiny fruit flies, which I had difficuly finding how they had got in.

Eventually I discovered an old forgotten box of breakfast cereal, in which these flies had lived all their earlier life as grubs etc.

Once that was out in the bin, the remaining adults were captured with fly traps.

The constant appearance of certain comedians where you're mystified as to why they're so ubiquitous. I'm sure everyone has their own pet peeves. Mine are Josh Widdecome and Susan Calman.

Quote: paulted @ 12th March 2016, 5:29 PM GMT

The constant appearance of certain comedians where you're mystified as to why they're so ubiquitous. I'm sure everyone has their own pet peeves. Mine are Josh Widdecome and Susan Calman.

I agree though I really like those two, mine are Jack Whitehall, Miranda Hart, Jimmy Carr, Seann Walsh, Russel Kane and David f**king Walliams

I hardly ever see Miranda!

Quote: Sarc @ 12th March 2016, 5:50 PM GMT

I agree though I really like those two, mine are Jack Whitehall, Miranda Hart, Jimmy Carr, Seann Walsh, Russel Kane and David f**king Walliams

JW - Agree
MH - I'm with Zooo on this one, she doesn't really appear a great deal in any kind of media IMHO
JC - Agree (his laugh drives me up the wall)
SW - Agree, his hair looks like it's been combed with a pork chop
RK - Yes, yes, yes - argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
DFW - I'm inclined to agree, but I do like him on 'Little Britain'

Quote: billwill @ 12th March 2016, 2:27 PM GMT

My kitchen was once infested long ago with many many tiny fruit flies, which I had difficuly finding how they had got in.

Eventually I discovered an old forgotten box of breakfast cereal, in which these flies had lived all their earlier life as grubs etc.

Once that was out in the bin, the remaining adults were captured with fly traps.

Did you make Garibaldi biscuits out of their tiny corpses?

The intrusive 'r'. Since when was there such a word as 'clawring' which I've just heard used by a Syria correspondent? Numpty!

That bloody car advert with the crappy copy version of Bowie's Changes.

The bloody advert with the computer dog and Jennifer anus. Don't even know what they're advertising as I just want to kill the dog whenever I see it.

The bloody advert with the computer dog and Jennifer anus. Don't even know what they're advertising as I just want to kill the dog whenever I see it.

Quote: Chappers @ 15th March 2016, 12:10 AM GMT

That bloody car advert with the crappy copy version of Bowie's Changes.

That is annoying.

How can they get permission to recreate the song but not permission to use the original, anyway?

Quote: zooo @ 15th March 2016, 9:08 AM GMT

That is annoying.

How can they get permission to recreate the song but not permission to use the original, anyway?

In short, cost.
To perform the song you just need to buy the publishing rights.
To buy the actual song you need the rights to the record/performance etc.

Also, John Lewis have started a rather ghastly trend in taking a well-loved song and recording a shit version of it.