Things that piss you off Page 1,646

"You're so Money Supermarket" - what does that even f**king mean? And would I use them? NO! Because their adverts get on my tits, so why do these companies put out very annoying adverts which seem to me to be counterproductive as they actually put people like me off. Or maybe I am weird, but certainly not gullible.

"It pays to advertise". Does it really, well not with me because I will buy something if I want it and not because someone tells me I need it (and don't get me started on the obscene amounts of money so called celebs get for advertising work!)

Yeah, put a card in the local shop window if you have a bike to sell, but plaguing me with your lies every day on the media just gets my back up, and as for pop-ups on the net......................I wouldn't buy any of that on principle.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd February 2016, 3:31 PM GMT

"You're so Money Supermarket" - what does that even f**king mean? And would I use them? NO! Because their adverts get on my tits, so why do these companies put out very annoying adverts which seem to me to be counterproductive as they actually put people like me off. Or maybe I am weird, but certainly not gullible.

I agree entirely.

Most of those web sites adverts are really annoying. Have you seen those Purple Pricks?

I'm sure the advertisers think that even if the advert annoys you - the product name has been subconsciously entered into your brain.
Maybe it works with 'lesser mortals' and it does work and they do buy it.
After all, they must watch the sales figures with and without advertising. They wouldn't pay for more advertising if the sales didn't rise.

It must be a new psychological campaign trend because loads of em annoy me - The Tesco ones in particular.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd February 2016, 3:38 PM GMT

I agree entirely.

Most of those web sites adverts are really annoying. Have you seen those Purple Pricks?

Yes, and I have no idea what they are rabbiting on about because my brain switches off and I couldn't give a flying f**k.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 3rd February 2016, 4:26 PM GMT

I'm sure the advertisers think that even if the advert annoys you - the product name has been subconsciously entered into your brain.
Maybe it works with 'lesser mortals' and it does work and they do buy it.
After all, they must watch the sales figures with and without advertising. They wouldn't pay for more advertising if the sales didn't rise.

It must be a new psychological campaign trend because loads of em annoy me - The Tesco ones in particular.

You are probably right Steve, but it doesn't work with me because I simply wouldn't deal with anyone who annoys me like that.
Gullible Americans maybe, but then this country gets more like them - taking on Yank phrases as people do. Idiots.

Getting hassled to complete a task - which I do but am then told that half my solutions are not suitable- based on something that you failed to tell me and I couldn't have guessed. Then getting cranky because I can't provide a immediate alternative for you.
I am not a mind reader.

Also: When after five days you realise that the best solution to the other problem was the one I suggested on the first day that meant 10 minutes worth of work for you as opposed to at over a hour for me, on top of the hour or so I had already spent trying to solve the first problem,based on the fact YOU THOUGHT I WAS MIND READER.

Next time if you provide me with the correct information in the first place I might have time to complete the second part in the way you want.

Julian Assange - self righteous, pompous, egotistical twat.

To a heckler - "Can someone please shut that man down?" - so arrogant he did not even realise the irony of what he was saying.

I hope his victim/s get their day in court.

Pretentious arseholes. That's all I'll say.

And washing machines which decide to give up the ghost.

Quote: playfull @ 5th February 2016, 5:44 PM GMT

Julian Assange - self righteous, pompous, egotistical twat.

To a heckler - "Can someone please shut that man down?" - so arrogant he did not even realise the irony of what he was saying.

I hope his victim/s get their day in court.

I'm confused by this. I thought he chose to go to the Embassy because He didn't want to get extradited for questioning? From the way The UN findings are been reported it seems to be suggesting it wasn't by choice and that he/the Embassy should get compensation.

Basically the UN are clueless idiots.
I don't think the people who made the decision even have any knowledge of the law, I read somewhere today that they're just academics and randoms.
(They made Geri Halliwell a UN ambassador. Looks like the rest of the UN roles are appointed with similar high qualifications.)

Mrs. Brown's Boys.

Not going to say I hate it because I can only stick it for a few seconds before it starts to irritate me so haven't seen enough to judge, and I've seen Brendan O'Carroll on other shows as himself and seems a worthy and affable chap, but in the same way Jerry Springer does - he is likeable too but his show - can't stick that for more than about 5 seconds either.

But I think I know why I can't get with it, apart from being the wrong demographic. At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, some have evolved and grown with the changing culture of comedy, and some haven't. You only have to look at re-runs of Man About the House and similar sitcoms of that era to show how far the writing has come today. The humour was rarely laugh-out-loud-a-lot but rather smile-and-gently-chuckle-now-and-then as the approach and execution by comparison was quite different.

With the exception of standalone early evening comedies such as Fawlty, The Good Life, Yes Prime Minister, Porridge and anything with Leonard Rossiter in it, the likes of Terry and June, Hi De Hi and Are You Being Served are so seaside postcard compared to shows we have now, but the sharp fast-paced stuff is not to everyone's taste which is why people must be watching re-runs of Last of the Summer Wine and Keeping Up Appearances - but personally, I couldn't stand these shows even as a kid. Along with the aforementioned, as a family we also watched Taxi, Roseanne and Cheers because they had one-liners the whole family could relate to which weren't based on mild smut or strange camp men to ridicule.

But if that's what some brits still like, who am I to say that demand shouldn't be met. As long as they stay in their homes and don't venture out when I do.

Steve Wright in the Afternoon and he says "Hands up those who eat bananas" and then there's a noise like clapping.

I know it's difficult to signify people putting their hands up on radio but that does not sound like putting their hands up.

Quote: keewik @ 5th February 2016, 8:59 PM GMT

Pretentious arseholes. That's all I'll say.

Is yours a bit up itself?

Quote: Chappers @ 11th February 2016, 9:04 PM GMT

Steve Wright in the Afternoon and he says "Hands up those who eat bananas" and then there's a noise like clapping.

I know it's difficult to signify people putting their hands up on radio but that does not sound like putting their hands up.

Is yours a bit up itself?

Laughing out loud I can't even remember who(m) I was annoyed with when I wrote that.

Quote: keewik @ 11th February 2016, 10:22 PM GMT

Laughing out loud I can't even remember who(m) I was annoyed with when I wrote that.

I think it was either me or Julian Assange (or both).

IKEA stores, you enter one and eight days later you manage to find the exit, having survived on $1 hotdogs and meatballs. Then you get home and find you have bought something you don't want because the name sounded rude in Swedish and at the time it made you laugh. I am now the proud owner of a Tillsluta however not sure what to put in it.

Strumpet