The Young Ones Page 16

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 14th November 2022, 10:01 AM

Don't wanna clog this thread up with links to other sites but this is, in the words of William Shakespeare, f**king awesome: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/nov/12/the-young-ones-40-years-lise-mayer-nigel-planer-alexei-sayle-chrisopher-ryan-interview

I though it was great in it's day. I could relate, grotty "student digs" manic behaviour, hippies, Trotskyists and capitalist sharing the same house. These days students have ensuite bathrooms and cars. They glue themselves to the M25, Vivian would see that as substance abuse.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 14th November 2022, 10:01 AM

Don't wanna clog this thread up with links to other sites but this is, in the words of William Shakespeare, f**king awesome: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/nov/12/the-young-ones-40-years-lise-mayer-nigel-planer-alexei-sayle-chrisopher-ryan-interview

Thanks for the link MM, that was indeed an entertaining/informative read. I never really appreciated how they put themselves at the risk of genuine harm from some of the more OTT special effects/stunts! (And didn't realise that the celebrity chef Andi Oliver was the young girl in Rip Rig & Panic!)

Good article, yeah. They physically hurt themselves at times, like when Vyv bites the brick (Demolition), the kettle was accidentally filled with explosives twice (Oil) or L'ex hit Rick with the rifle (Sick). They suffered for comedy. And you suffer for my 'comedy'.

On BBC4 now. Brilliant stuff.

Amazing to think what a serious actor Adrian Edmonson became.

Coincidentally, I've just been watching some of the extras for the new Blu-ray set. Absolute must-sees.

Lord Flashheart: "Where HAVEN'T i been!"

Alive since 2014 Pleased

Fandabidozy.
All I need now is for them to follow it up with Happy Families, the next series they worked on. I've always been amazed how that series has been overlooked while crud like Filthy, Rich and Crapflap and Bottom have enjoyed loving anniversary box sets. I once heard they never put it out because there were too many copyright problems over the music. The solution would be to shell out (but that wouldn't make financial sense) or cut the soundtrack (but that would butcher the series). Still, given that The Young Ones has finally got the treatment, you never know.
Then there was Girls On Top, billed as a female Young Ones. It was total and utter f**king shit.
Anyway, this release is awesome news. Seriously, if you're considering suicide, do watch The Young Ones first.

Of course to society, a manchild can be funny but a grown up lady acting like a kid is not.

Quote: Natalie Salat @ 13th December 2022, 8:26 AM

Of course to society, a manchild can be funny but a grown up lady acting like a kid is not.

The Young Ones?

I didn't understand it either.

my point was that more people would crucify a comedy about a bunch of grown up women acting like irresponsible children.

I want my twelve seconds back.

Quote: Natalie Salat @ 22nd December 2022, 8:31 AM

my point was that more people would crucify a comedy about a bunch of grown up women acting like irresponsible children.

Looking like an English working-class Derry Girls that morph.

Also, Michael Monkhouse: NPA.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd December 2022, 9:40 AM

By a curious coincidence, that lovely picture was first posted just after I was chatting to all my friend about which Young One would be the best in bed. Yes, that is the level my '''life''' reaches. We decided on Mike. Vyv is fun but too pissed to perform, Rik is - as they say in Italian - all smoke and no steak, and Neil would be too desperate for a spiritual lurve experience to do the business. Well done, Mike!