Absent friends Page 187

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th March 2024, 9:19 AM

Well, we have Herc back now. But still no Chappers. Anybody?

Does anyone follow him elsewhere? He doesn't seem to have posted on Facebook since mid Jan, but it doesn't look like he uses it much.

Yeah a happy birthday wish to someone on FB a couple of days ago
And a rant at Tony Blackburn not playing the original singles on his show

Other absent friends
does anyone remember the Cool Mikado ?
I seem to remember them being enigmatic, nice avatar,

Glad to see Chappers is still alive and hopefully well.🙂Would like to see him back here though, especially as an old ally of the non lefties in the politics/news thread.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 20th March 2024, 7:24 AM

Glad to see Chappers is still alive and hopefully well.🙂Would like to see him back here though, especially as an old ally of the non lefties in the politics/news thread.

I've just PMd him, so hope to hear back from him and will let you know - not like him at all to go off like that without saying, AND he never misses my birthday back in February! 😥

Finally heard from Chappers, and he is OK. Says he was spending too much time on here and was "fed up with the news posts", and we all know who is responsible for those bloody tiresome, boring rants that no one except him is interested in - give it a rest will yer!?!? You know who you are!! Your dragging the site down, so piss off.

Can't he just avoid the threads he finds boring?
i know I do.

Tell him i said hi!👋

I'm also thinking of leaving too actually

I'm sick and tired of Herc postings his tedious saucy seaside postcards every flipping day yaaaaaaawn

The fact that I never, ever view that thread or it's posts - ever - is besides the point

😋🖕

Your daily vitriolic shite would stop lots posting here.

😎👌

Quote: lofthouse @ 24th April 2024, 6:22 PM

I'm also thinking of leaving too actually

Oh, please do and do us all a favour - one day it will dawn on you that you are not liked by the majority on here.

Quote: lofthouse @ 24th April 2024, 6:22 PM

I'm sick and tired of Herc postings his tedious saucy seaside postcards every flipping day yaaaaaaawn

Haven't posted one of those since last year - so get your effin' facts right. Oh no, I forgot - you don't believe in facts do you.
You just mouth off on a daily basis and bore the tits off everyone.

Besides, this is a comedy site primarily for comedy (which those postcards, like it or not, were) which clearly you haven't noticed what with your daily vomit of bile

🤣

Calm down grandad, you'll have a Connery

I do like the irony of complaining about one BCGer's vitriolic bile by aiming vitriolic bile at them. If people don't like somebody's posts, don't read them. It's not rocket science.

As for visitors to the site being down, it's nothing to do with one person. It's predominantly a comedy site and comedy just isn't that important to people any more. It used to rule the world, now it's a niche interest that has to compete with a zillion other things.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th April 2024, 11:35 PM

Oh, please do and do us all a favour - one day it will dawn on you that you are not liked by the majority on here.

Haven't posted one of those since last year - so get your effin' facts right. Oh no, I forgot - you don't believe in facts do you.
You just mouth off on a daily basis and bore the tits off everyone.

Besides, this is a comedy site primarily for comedy (which those postcards, like it or not, were) which clearly you haven't noticed what with your daily vomit of bile

This site is about comedy. That doesn't mean everyone here should be trying to be funny all the time. If they want to, fine. But there's no obligation.
Lofthouse is perfectly entitled to write about news in the news section of the forum. People are also entitled to ignore his posts as I often do.

To Lofthouse:
There really isn't any need to post several long posts a day though. There really are so many better things you could be doing with your time. What are you hoping to achieve by doing this ? You're certainly not winning anyone over with your comments. Very much the opposite! If something happens on the news which you find particularly interesting, discuss it then. Don't feel obliged to provide a perpetual commentary on every single news item!

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 25th April 2024, 11:33 AM

To Lofthouse:
There really isn't any need to post several long posts a day though. There really are so many better things you could be doing with your time. What are you hoping to achieve by doing this ? You're certainly not winning anyone over with your comments. Very much the opposite! If something happens on the news which you find particularly interesting, discuss it then. Don't feel obliged to provide a perpetual commentary on every single news item!

Amen to that

Quote: chipolata @ 25th April 2024, 10:16 AM

I do like the irony of complaining about one BCGer's vitriolic bile by aiming vitriolic bile at them. If people don't like somebody's posts, don't read them. It's not rocket science.

s.

Well said Chip