Heartburn Hotel Page 2

This is one I'd completely forgotten about, I'm pretty sure I watched the first series and found it decidedly average but by no means unwatchable as for the second series I have no recollection of it what so ever so it evidently didn't deserve a return visit.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ May 24 2009, 1:09 AM BST

I remember it as being pretty good. The worst aspect of it was the endless hairpiece jokes - 'old shep'. Baldness ain't funny, people.

It is, it's the funniest thing in the world. Especially when someone grows their hair long to try and disguise it.

Can you see it online because I have looked for the DVD. Loved this show.

Some of it is available, although I don't know if it's actually available to watch from anything like YouTube.

Quote: Aaron @ May 21 2009, 8:00 PM BST

I have the first series but haven't got around to watching it yet. Perhaps tonight...

Has it been released on DVD? I would love to see Hearburn Hotel again, I've only ever seen three episodes and liked what I saw. Roger, Roger could do with a DVD release too.

No, AFAIK neither have been released on DVD. I think I may have seen the latter available from a dodgy site, but would have been just VHS-rips.

I saw the first series & the Christmas special & enjoyed it. There were some funny moments throughout. Not brilliant but very watchable.

Tim Healey was really good in it I thought. His character was mad on Bucks Fizz and other Eurovision acts. Remember him coming down the stairs singing Abba - "I believe in Angels" - in great club singer style. Had a great way of saying "Bollocks!" too.

I had the first series on video (taped off TV). When I went to transfer it over to my DVD player I discovered I'd recorded over a couple of episodes, much to my annoyance.

Completely managed to miss the 2nd series though.

Haven't managed to find any of it online yet either. Love to have a copy.

I loved Tim Healy's catchphrases in it: "Ahhhhh Bollocks!" and "It's a game, man, a game!"

I only ever saw three episodes and loved it. I've been waiting for the DVD release since before the DVD was even invented!

A John Sullivan show? So it was good? Afterall, ALL Sullivan shows are good, aren't they?

Quote: Robert D @ June 13 2009, 2:27 PM BST

A John Sullivan show? So it was good? Afterall, ALL Sullivan shows are good, aren't they?

I'm glad I'm not the one who has to mention The Green Green Grass ... damn.

Found some of it on YouTube, going to have a look

Ooooh funny... Needs DVD release!

I bought every episode on bootleg from this site:

Link removed

Watched Series 1 today. Mostly very funny, some problems (a two-part story could have been told in one episode, for example, and some guest female characters weren't funny).

Pity there were a few cheap jokes about Tim Healy's character Harry being a Bucks Fizz fan - they weren't that bad! :D

Great series - it actually had jokes in it and funny lines that make people laugh - an alien concept nowadays in many so-called 'sitcoms'

Ok so it won't suit some of the purists - who will argue that the stories and situations were written round the funny lines - but it was funny. Reminds me now a little of Early Doors (miserable landlord/loser customers).