Current radio comedy Page 5

Quote: chipolata @ October 29 2009, 5:34 PM BST

Too Much Information on Tuesday was pretty awful, and made me long for the dire record show from the previous week. Even the opening credits are annoying.

I gave this I think three weeks but now I've given up. It's dire and repetitive and the humour was exhausted in the first week. Shame it's got Jeff Rawle in it, who's done better things.

I mentioned it elsewhere but Reece Shearsmith's Haunted House was very amusing this morning. Must remember to listen to part two next week.

Quote: JuliaC @ October 29 2009, 5:53 PM BST

I mentioned it elsewhere but Reece Shearsmith's Haunted House was very amusing this morning. Must remember to listen to part two next week.

Is that Radio 4 or BBC7?

Radio 4, 11.30am.

Quote: JuliaC @ October 29 2009, 5:58 PM BST

Radio 4, 11.30am.

I'll look out for it. :)

Too Much Information on Tuesday was pretty awful, and made me long for the dire record show from the previous week. Even the opening credits are annoying.

Yes, I find those credits annoying as well. I hoped that the show would be as good as their previous work (BBC 7's The Spaceship) but it doesn't look like that.

Well, I did try and warn you all of its shittiness in the Too Much Information thread, which I foolishly started.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ October 30 2009, 9:13 AM BST

Well, I did try and warn you all of its shittiness in the Too Much Information thread, which I foolishly started.

Do you have a link to it?

Quote: Ian Wolf @ October 30 2009, 2:02 PM BST

Do you have a link to it?

Here we are:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/15269

I Put it in Other British Comedy. Should have been in Sitcoms, really.

I've finally got round to listening to Bleak Expectations. I can see why so many members of the guide are fond of it.

I've been listening to the re-runs of Rigor Mortis on BBC Radio 7 every Thursday at 11:00pm for the last 12 weeks. Another series of six starts next Thursday. Every time I've listened to it, it has made me laugh out loud. Although I would say I preferred Tracy-Ann Oberman to Matilda Ziegler as Dr. Ruth Anderson. Has any one else been listening to this?

Just thought I'd mention As It Occurs To Me, as all you radio fans may have missed it, as it's podcast rather than broadcast. It's essentially Richard Herring taking Radio 2's That Was Then, This Is Now and running with it to produce a free stand-up/sketch show podcast every week.

It's hosted on the BCG and is free to download. The thread is here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/15187

Dan

I've just listened to the latest repeat of Undone (series three begins at the end of the month) and thanks to it I've come across something wonderful which I could not believe I had forgotten. A combination of two of my favourite things - comedy and Joy Division - in the form of "Love Will Tear Us Apart" played in a style of an ice cream van chime. Just glorious. (21-22 minutes on the iPlayer) Pleased

Quote: Ian Wolf @ October 30 2009, 2:40 PM GMT

I've finally got round to listening to Bleak Expectations. I can see why so many members of the guide are fond of it.

Yes, a great start to the new series. A bit muddled to begin with, but it soon hit it's stride and was fizzing with great one liners.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ October 31 2009, 8:36 PM GMT

I've just listened to the latest repeat of Undone (series three begins at the end of the month) and thanks to it I've come across something wonderful which I could not believe I had forgotten. A combination of two of my favourite things - comedy and Joy Division - in the form of "Love Will Tear Us Apart" played in a style of an ice cream van chime. Just glorious. (21-22 minutes on the iPlayer) Pleased

Can't place this but I'll check it out.

I enoyed Jo Caulfield Won't Shut Up! last night. Her stuff is hardly re-inventing the wheel, but there were a lot of good, solid laughs in the show. And it helped wash the excrable Too Much Information from my ears.

Quote: chipolata @ November 11 2009, 10:41 AM GMT

I enoyed Jo Caulfield Won't Shut Up! last night. Her stuff is hardly re-inventing the wheel, but there were a lot of good, solid laughs in the show. And it helped wash the excrable Too Much Information from my ears.

[Showing off]My girlfriend is a writer on this, we went along to a recording and it was great fun, as along with Jo Caulfield it's got a very talented comedy cast, Nick Revell, Zoe Lyons, Simon Greenall (the Geordie character from Alan Partridge) and a younger guy who's name escapes me, all very talented.[/Showing off]

I listened to yesterday's episode on the iPlayer and it's typical Jo, very funny stuff, not particularly groundbreaking but engaging and amusing, just what you want from a radio show that's on R4 at 6.30pm IMHO.