I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,837

Quote: A Horseradish @ 21st July 2016, 11:23 PM BST

Sorry to hear about the events in Norfolk but it took me down memory lane.

I looked up the story and learned that what we'd call a minivan is called a people carrier in the UK.

Broadening my vocabulary one day at a time...

I wouldnt be sorry if the MOD gave a percentage of soldiers permission to carry concealed firearms for the time being.

I don't think I'd be upset to read, impressionable idiots who watched one too many ISIS YouTube videos found with multiple gunshot wounds outside naval base.

Actually I doubt you'd have to shoot any of them. The threat would be enough.

Weren't you flabbergasted to hear Melanie Trump ain't writing her own speeches? F**king Hell, when I saw that woman I thought now there's an intellectual, intelligent, articulate genius - I never imagined she could stoop so low. This is like when Michael Moore revealed that America is corrupt - or 'The Sun' informing me in 2016 that Posh can't really sing. Another myth deflated! How shall I cope? For f**k's sake, she even sounds like a Spice Girl - Melanie A.

That woman has to think of a different reason she has a headache, every single, f**king day.

I know I ain't that creative.

One expects so much more from a woman who jumps up and down on Don's dong.

I thought he'd call it the Trump Pump or the Trump Tower.

Oh god, if he wins he's going to rename the White House isn't he?

The White House does sound kinda racist

Perfect then.

Quote: DaButt @ 22nd July 2016, 12:23 AM BST

I looked up the story and learned that what we'd call a minivan is called a people carrier in the UK.

We also have the word charabanc.

Regarding the events in Norfolk isn't it a good idea that they ban their soldiers from wearing headphones while they're jogging? He did get away but I'm sure he would never have got in that position if he could've heard what was going on around him.

I don't really think anyone should wear them when they're out alone.
Although obviously that's often the only time people want to wear them.

Article in my paper today (or yesterday).

"Gleb The vainest man on TV!"

Quote: zooo @ 22nd July 2016, 1:07 PM BST

Oh god, if he wins he's going to rename the White House isn't he?

Maybe Obama should rename it the "Black Shack" before he stands down

Quote: DaButt @ 22nd July 2016, 12:23 AM BST

People Carriers are also called MPVs (Multi-Purpose Vehicles).

Mini Van in this country wouls ulsually just be a small goods van , no seats in the back, but the word is also used for a people carrier type too.

People carriers usually have a max of 7 seats. A 10 seat+ people carrier would usually be called a mini-bus.