I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,829

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 25th June 2016, 7:28 AM BST

We have no power in your country so there's no point telling us.

I've heard quite a bit about Bush, Obama and Trump on these very pages. ;)

Judging by the newspapers, cloth headed Islamic terrorists have ceased to exist since the EU referendum result. Maybe we should have an EU referendum result every four days to magically spirit them away permanently.

That's rather than worrying about spending loads of money on national security measures and stuff? Or are the latter needed to keep the population in a quivering subservient state and to keep the nice newspapers afloat?

Incidentally, when is the Right Honourable Right Doris Boris Johnson taking back control of us?

You've stolen the words from my head! I was thinking only this morning that we were hearing nothing about ISIS.

Quote: keewik @ 27th June 2016, 9:58 AM BST

You've stolen the words from my head! I was thinking only this morning that we were hearing nothing about ISIS.

I understand why half the country's people - actually more given that the turn out was 72% - are being ordered to be as happy as the Ovalteenies. Only if everyone is wearing a Cheshire cat grin will the banks "hold their nerve" and not extend this creepy Year of the Flounce. They are going to leave for Frankfurt anyway but they won't apply the relevant Article until we are convinced they are vulnerable. Carney will chuck the millions in their direction. Then they will be jetting as fast as Farah to Deutschland, taking the future of our NHS with them.

UKIP have achieved extraordinary things seeing they only have one MP in Clacton. When Carswell was seeking re-election there, I vividly recall being given the surprising news that one of its wards was the most deprived in the UK. Sometimes I wonder how he is doing with all those voters who live in crumbling beach huts on unmade roads the press described as "like Soweto". There is no reality in singing "The Sun Has Got His Hat On" when in their own interests UKIP's entire emphasis has always been on Professor Steven Morrissey's book "Silent and Grey".

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/03/article-0-191037D0000005DC-338_964x639.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHBZFSYA12A

Quote: DaButt @ 25th June 2016, 1:48 PM BST

I've heard quite a bit about Bush and Trump on these very pages. ;)

Fnaah fnaah - because it's a comedy website!

Quote: Chappers @ 27th June 2016, 7:19 PM BST

Fnaah fnaah - because it's a comedy website!

If you're going to quote me, don't edit out Obama's name, because he's the biggest joke of a president in history.

Quote: DaButt @ 27th June 2016, 7:36 PM BST

If you're going to quote me, don't edit out Obama's name, because he's the biggest joke of a president in history.

Yes but Finbar can't think of a Double Entendre for his name.

Theresa May has the same initials as some other woman who was PM.........OK, in reverse but...... :O

Quote: DaButt @ 27th June 2016, 7:36 PM BST

If you're going to quote me, don't edit out (insert name here)'s name, because he's the biggest joke of a president in history.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd July 2016, 9:41 AM BST

Theresa May has the same initials as some other woman who was PM.........OK, in reverse but...... :O

I thought of that last night.

And I read that the referendum result happened 7 years, 7 months, 7 days and 7 hours after the financial crash when the stock market fell by 777 points.

Quote: paulted @ 24th June 2016, 6:30 PM BST

EU Referendum- Ask a straight yes/no question, you will get an honest answer.

Or you might get an answer that's a protest against whoever asked it.

Quote: Chappers @ 24th June 2016, 11:04 PM BST

I've always had a thing about Mrs May.

She's definitely got a slinky quality.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 2nd July 2016, 10:02 AM BST

I thought of that last night.

And I read that the referendum result happened 7 years, 7 months, 7 days and 7 hours after the financial crash when the stock market fell by 777 points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVSRm80WzZk

... Except that the crash & the Dow Jones fall of 777 points happened on 29 September 2008 and not 17 November 2008.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/stocks-take-record-tumble-down-777-points/

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd July 2016, 9:41 AM BST

Keep this under your hat, but she also has the same reverse initials as former Australian test cricket captain Mark Taylor...... :O I shouldn't be surprised therefore if she wins the Ashes and eventually gets replaced by Steve Waugh...... :O

They don't know who won the Federal Election. We might end up with a hung Parliament again. Apparently they can't start counting the remaining votes until Tuesday- so the whole thing will go for at least two more days. We might find out who won just before the next election.