Casanova '73 Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ April 24 2012, 10:42 PM BST

1974, but yes.

To add to your amazement: it wasn't released until 8th November.

It might have been very influential if it was outselling classics like Godfather 2, Chinatown, Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore, the Conversation, Blazing Saddles and Woman under the Influence.

Perhaps Hollywood thought why bother and decided it could make bigger and brighter films that are just as shit as Confessions of..

And still is.

Casanova '73 is now available to buy on DVD from the Acorn website: http://www.acornmediauk.com/casanova-73.html

It's currently exclusive to us and won't be available anywhere else until October

Drop me a line on here if you have any questions

Steve (Manager www.acornmediauk.com)

Message to future sitcom producers: surely sticking the year the programme has been broadcast must really date the said programme?

Oh, and if you can do something about the hairstyles and the wallpaper...

Received my copy only last week. Before now, I had never seen this sitcom. I have to admit I found 'Casanova 73' slow to start with, especially the first three or four episodes. Have always been a pretty big fan of Leslie Philips, but couldn't help thinking to myself that he was just a little too old for playing this kind of role, which is not too disimilar from the character he portrayed in the 'Doctor' films.

In saying that, I thought there was a good chemistry between Leslie and his on-screen wife (Jan Holden.

There are two episodes that I particually enjoyed. One was was where Henry was one of the judges for a beauty contest, and the other was the final episode which was complete farce. Dont want to give too much away as it may spoil it for people who are looking to buy this.

I personally think when I watch this show for a second time sometime in the future I will enjoy that much more.

Opening title sequence for 'Casanova 73' is very good :)

Buy a copy of Casanova 73 on DVD from the Acorn Media UK webstore before Friday 31st August 2012 and you'll be entered into a prize draw to win one of five signed photos of Leslie Phillips (a classic still from the series). Visit us today to find out more >>> http://www.acornmediauk.com/casanova-73.html

cheers

Steve