- BBC One Wales
- Rhod Gilbert, Kate Hoad, Mike Powell, Jodie Williams, Greg Davies, Sian Harries, Mike Bubbins, Raymond Crozier and more
- Rhod Gilbert
- Gwenllian Hughes and Mei Williams
- Gwenllian Hughes, Sally Lisk-Lewis, Christina Macaulay, Martyn Ingram and Rhod Gilbert
Stand-up comedian Rhod Gilbert is painfully shy. He might hide it well, but he can't even go into a cafe to buy a coffee. No joke. In fact, his social anxiety has had a massive effect on his life. In this documentary, Rhod's going to try find out why and what can be done. Talking to fellow shy comedian Greg Davies, other shy sufferers, and scientists, Rhod comes up with a radical solution for how we can all stand up to shyness.
Rhod can stand up in front of 20,000 people and make them laugh for two hours solid. But he has always found it virtually impossible to talk to people one to one. From childhood, it has been a life-limiting condition. And in this Rhod is certainly not alone. It is estimated that nearly half the population in the UK have some manifestation of shyness and social anxiety. For many it is a minor irritation, for some it is a condition that can virtually destroy a life.
- Camera set-up
- Single camera
- First broadcast
- Wednesday 24th January 2018 at 9pm on BBC One Wales
- Episode length
- 1 hour
- All previous repeats
- Friday 31st August 2018 at 11:35pm on BBC1 Wales
- Tuesday 30th January 2018 at 9:00pm on BBC2