- 26th February via Chortle: BBC axe Insert Name Here
- Panel Show
- 2016 - 2019
- BBC Two
- 28 (4 series)
- Sue Perkins, Josh Widdicombe, Richard Osman, Kate Williams and Suzannah Lipscomb
- Geraldine Dowd and Steve Smith
- Margaret Anne Docherty and Breid McLoone
Sue Perkins presents this comedy panel show all about famous people, past and present, who have just one thing in common: they share the same name.
Each episode centres around one chosen name. Our entertaining host invites the two teams, headed up by captains Richard Osman and Josh Widdicombe, to battle it out, answering questions and competing to earn the right at the end of the game to decide the greatest ever bearer of that episode's name.
The teams choose from a list of famous people, all sharing the same name. Whether they select a historical, royal, scientific, sporting, legendary or comedic figure, it inevitably leads to fascinating facts, unusual stats, and lots of comedic banter around the individual in question. Sue deftly leads the two teams through the game, creating laughs along the way.
Funny anecdotes abound and irreverent points are made, as the panellists jump between highbrow and popular culture, and back and forth through history, unearthing weird, wonderful and quirky snippets of information along the way, as their knowledge of the name, and the famous people who share the moniker, is tested.
- First broadcast
- Monday 4th January 2016 on BBC Two at 10pm
- Last new broadcast
- Wednesday 27th February 2019 on BBC Two at 10pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Saturday 9th May 2020 at 2:35am on Dave