- 2016 - 2019
- BBC Three (Online)
- 9 (1 pilot + 2 series)
- Guz Khan, Duaa Karim, Tez Ilyas, Tolulope Ogunmefun, Perry Fitzpatrick, Mark Silcox and Janum Khan
- Guz Khan and Andy Milligan
- Oliver Parsons
- Gill Isles
Man Like Mobeen, created by Guz Khan and co-written with Andy Milligan, follows Mobeen, a 28 year-old man from Small Heath, a reported no go zone for anyone who isn't Muslim and hotbed for terrorist activity. In reality Mobeen, like most other people in Birmingham, knows no terrorists, and spends his personal time parenting his best friends Eight and Nate and - most importantly - his little sister and love of his family life, Aqsa.
He does all of this alone, acting as a very hairy mother, father and brother figure in the hood. He's living the life... right?
The BBC says: "The series is a rarely seen insight into working class life as an ethnic minority, addressing issues including arranged marriage, the alt-right and racial profiling, in the setting of Small Heath, Birmingham."
- Part of
- Production companies
- Also known as
- Comedy Feeds: Man Like Mobeen (Other official name)
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Thursday 1st September 2016 on BBC Three (Online) at 10am
- Last new broadcast
- Thursday 7th February 2019 on BBC Three (Online) at 10am
- Last repeat
- Sunday 3rd March 2019 at 12:25am on BBC1 Scot