- 2016 - 2017
- BBC Three (Online)
- 5 (1 pilot + 1 series)
- Guz Khan, Tez Ilyas, Tolulope Ogunmefun and Duaa Karim
- Guz Khan and Andy Milligan
- Oliver Parsons
- Gill Isles, Ben Cavey, David Simpson, Kate Daughton and Myfanwy Moore
Man Like Mobeen, created by Guz Khan and co-written with Andy Milligan, follows Mobeen, a 28 year-old man from Small Heath, a reported no go zone for anyone who isn't Muslim and hotbed for terrorist activity. In reality Mobeen, like most other people in Birmingham, knows no terrorists, and spends his personal time parenting his best friends Eight and Nate and - most importantly - his little sister and love of his family life, Aqsa.
He does all of this alone, acting as a very hairy mother, father and brother figure in the hood. He's living the life... right?
The BBC says: "The series is a rarely seen insight into working class life as an ethnic minority, addressing issues including arranged marriage, the alt-right and racial profiling, in the setting of Small Heath, Birmingham."
- Part of
- Production companies
- Also known as
- Comedy Feeds: Man Like Mobeen (Other official name)
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Thursday 1st September 2016 on BBC Three (Online) at 10am
- Last new broadcast
- Sunday 17th December 2017 on BBC Three (Online)
- Last repeat
- Sunday 26th August 2018 at 11:00pm on BBC2