Status report Page 5,738

How many lawyers does it take to change a light bulb?

Quote: Marc P @ 7th January 2015, 10:22 PM GMT

How many lawyers does it take to change a light bulb?

One but boy do they screw it

Quote: sootyj @ 7th January 2015, 10:25 PM GMT

One but boy do they screw it

Cool Cool

Yes but they lose the thread!

why won't terrorists change the lights at garden centres,

all their bulbs are plants.

How does the female judge like her pheasants?

ummmm

No that would be a turkey, Jennie :O

Ben recently inherited a 70s Omega watch which is very nice, but it had stopped and the only way to get the date right was to wind and wind and wind and wind it. He's finally got to the correct date!

You'll find a nice date when the time is right Ben.

Night all, all this advice giving has tired me alas.

Quote: Ben @ 7th January 2015, 10:50 PM GMT

Ben recently inherited a 70s Omega watch which is very nice, but it had stopped and the only way to get the date right was to wind and wind and wind and wind it. He's finally got to the correct date!

Jealous.

Ben isn't off to bed yet, but he is off to put fresh sheets down.

Quote: Ben @ 7th January 2015, 10:50 PM GMT

I have an Omega from 1976. It stopped working in the summer but I decided not to have it serviced as it cost about £300 last time - I must have been mad to pay that. I'm pondering taking it to a wee local man who does all sorts of things (engraving etc), one of which, allegedly, is watch repairs. Since the thing isn't working I don't suppose it would matter if he buggered it up further.

It's only now as I reach my thirties, I have discovered a taste for Frijj milkshakes.

Quote: keewik @ 8th January 2015, 11:29 AM GMT

I have an Omega from 1976. It stopped working in the summer but I decided not to have it serviced as it cost about £300 last time - I must have been mad to pay that. I'm pondering taking it to a wee local man who does all sorts of things (engraving etc), one of which, allegedly, is watch repairs. Since the thing isn't working I don't suppose it would matter if he buggered it up further.

Wow! £300 is a lot for a service!

I'd say take it to the local man. I had to take mine to a local work shop as the hour hand was way out of sync - he fixed it for £20!

Quote: Lee @ 8th January 2015, 12:57 PM GMT

It's only now as I reach my thirties, I have discovered a taste for Frijj milkshakes.

What did you spend your 20s doing?!