Status report Page 1,430

Quote: Aaron @ November 4 2009, 12:29 PM GMT

You even unblocked me recently! :O

(Oo er.)

Me or Ruby?

Quote: Leevil @ November 2 2009, 10:31 PM GMT

Or something like Spicy Fruit Sauce, I think?

Errr

There is a variant of HP called 'Fruity'. Which is both milder and spicier, according to their website. :S

Quote: Nil Putters @ November 2 2009, 10:31 PM GMT

I've only recently tried brown sauce and I like it. :)

Ace. Any particular brand?

Quote: Nil Putters @ November 2 2009, 10:38 PM GMT

Reggae Reggae Sauce is also very nice.

S'alright, but a bit garlicky. Reggae Reggae Tomato Ketchup and Love Apple Tomato Ketchup, however... Lovey

Quote: Moonstone @ November 2 2009, 10:38 PM GMT

I was really, really REALLY hoping Ruby would sound dead West Country

Do the dead sound like anything at all?

Quote: dannyjb1 @ November 3 2009, 11:11 PM GMT

Danny has just realised he doesn't have a single Christmas Do to go to this year.

Danny discovered one of his friends was organising a Christmas Do and now he can't even make that one, and he can't make the BCG one either.

Damn! This year's Christmas sucks :( Curse the territorial departmental work do's.

I'm gonna hibernate, till the spring...

D

Quote: Aaron @ November 4 2009, 12:34 PM GMT

Ace. Any particular brand?

S'alright, but a bit garlicky. Reggae Reggae Tomato Ketchup and Love Apple Tomato Ketchup, however... Lovey

Just Asda's own brand. No frills. And as I have nothing to compare it with, it seemed very nice.

I have the Jerk/BBQ one one. Tis yummy.

Quote: Moonstone @ November 2 2009, 11:41 PM GMT

I did! But I had to find Quicktime.exe and it wasn't in the folder. Something fecking weirds happened - when I went to just start the program there was only a WM Classic player exe but no Quicktime! So I went to update it and the download's 90 f**king meg! Can't you do it in RM?

You desperately need VLC.

Quote: Aaron @ November 4 2009, 12:39 PM GMT

VLC.

I <3 VLC

Quote: dannyjb1 @ November 4 2009, 12:35 PM GMT

Danny discovered one of his friends was organising a Christmas Do and now he can't even make that one, and he can't make the BCG one either.

Damn! This year's Christmas sucks :( Curse the territorial departmental work do's.

I'm gonna hibernate, till the spring...

D

I obviously don't have an official works Christmas do, so on the last day of the school term I have my own; pub turkey lunch and a stop at every pub to the school gates. :)

I go to Mr Dagger's works Christmas party, which is always in January. Held in very nice surroundings of course, sit down meal (catering for a few hundred at once is never great food) and lots of free wine. Plus haven't got far to stumble home.

Errr

There is a variant of HP called 'Fruity'. Which is both milder and spicier, according to their website. :S

To quote the ever reliable Wiki:

HP Sauce is a condiment: a popular brown sauce by HP Foods but now produced by H.J. Heinz in Elst, the Netherlands. It has a malt vinegar base blended with fruit and spices...

Quote: Aaron @ November 4 2009, 12:39 PM GMT

You desperately need VLC.

Bloody hell though, ANOTHER media player! My hard drive's gonna be 60% full of media players.

Do the dead sound like anything at all?

obviously never seen a George Romeo film

Quote: Moonstone @ November 4 2009, 12:58 PM GMT

Bloody hell though, ANOTHER media player! My hard drive's gonna be 60% full of media players.

Only need 2 VLC and media player classic. They play everything.

Quote: Gavin @ November 4 2009, 1:00 PM GMT

Only need 2 VLC and media player classic. They play everything.

Sometimes you need Quicktime and Real for streaming files on the web though, so you have to have them just for those occasions. RM are the biggest twats for inventing their own format.

Real player? I ain't used that in years. VLC is a network video player, as well as being multi format awesomeness!

Quote: Moonstone @ November 4 2009, 1:07 PM GMT

Sometimes you need Quicktime and Real for streaming files on the web though, so you have to have them just for those occasions. RM are the biggest twats for inventing their own format.

Who uses Realmedia any more? I thought they'd been universally snubbed by everynoe

Quote: EllieJP @ November 3 2009, 7:53 PM GMT

So did my friend's.

Unimpressed

Quote: Scottidog @ November 3 2009, 8:01 PM GMT

Also, is there nothing more depressing then seeing a grown man riding on a bike along the street, not in a mode of transport way, just in the "I'm a chav and can't afford a f**king car" kind of way.

:S I think you're a bit confused. If they were a 'chav' and couldn't afford a car, they would just steal one.

Quote: Leevil @ November 4 2009, 12:30 PM GMT

Me or Ruby?

Well Ruby was the person I quoted...

Quote: Nil Putters @ November 4 2009, 12:38 PM GMT

Just Asda's own brand. No frills. And as I have nothing to compare it with, it seemed very nice.

Own-brand brown sauces can actually be surprisingly nice. Grab yourself some HP when you can though!

Quote: Nil Putters @ November 4 2009, 12:40 PM GMT

I <3 VLC

:) Is there anything it can't play? (Even though it is French... Unimpressed)

Quote: Gavin @ November 4 2009, 1:13 PM GMT

Who uses Realmedia any more? I thought they'd been universally snubbed by everynoe

DOWN WITH REALMEDIA!
It killed itself when it made users pay for its applications a couple of years back. Good, it was shit anyways.

Well that's my rant for the day.
Off to work! I'm teaching Drama classes today.
And tomorrow is writers craft (scoooore!).