DON'T PANIC! H2G2 is back! Page 2

Moved to Other British Comedy forum, as this is still a book, not a sitcom in either TV or radio form.

I've been mulling this over and I've come to the conclusion that although I like to think of myself as a Hitchhiker's fan - I'm not. I'm a Douglas Adams fan.

I like the characters, I like the situations and I like the stories - but the main reason I like the books is because of Douglas' writing and choice of words. The way he explains life is much more interesting to me than what the characters are doing. Which is part of the reason why I can read and love 'The Salmon of Doubt' even though it's not finished. I don't really care what happens, I just want to immerse myself in his writing.

I'm not convinced anyone else could replicate that properly and I've never wanted to know what happens to Arthur et al. I'd love there to be more Douglas Adams books - but I don't really care if there's another Hitchhiker's book or not.

So I guess, whether it's absolutely amazing or a pile of crap - it won't make much difference to me.

Quote: Aaron @ September 17 2008, 11:08 AM BST

Moved to Other British Comedy forum, as this is still a book, not a sitcom in either TV or radio form.

I've already had this conversation with the OP on 'Other British Comedy' where I now have a duplicate thread. My bad!

Aaron, I hope us thinking along the same lines will not happen again! :P

Def.

Duplicate threads are quite understandable where one of them is in a - well not necessarily incorrect, but perhaps - slightly misleading forum. :)

I tend to agree with Phill actually. Apart from the obvious sense of outrage at someone messing with a much loved series, it won't make any difference to me.

I must get round to finishing Salmon of Doubt one day. It was too depressing at the time, knowing it was the last bit of Douglas Adams I would ever read for the first time so I left it unfinished. I'm having a similar trauma with the final David Gemmell book.

For those interested, the front cover of And Another Thing... has been released.

Great stuff if you're into necrophilia, otherwise don't f**k with the dead. It's all about the money.