Dia Duit

Dia duit is in fact irish for hello, i am from northern ireland so that was pretty pointless but i have got across the point that i am from N.I, England's claim to fame is invented football, which is kinda average compared to ours...we made IRISH STEW :D Anyway yeah just wanted to sya hello and that i have material on the critique forum which yu's can look at possibly laugh at, and hopefully leave a comment to. I think that does it, later alligator

I'd swap you the Irish Stew claim to fame anyday, as long as you're willing to take Charlotte Church. I'd ask you to consider Tom Freaking-Kiss Jones, Lembit, and that whining twat of a lead singer from the Hydroponics but I know I'd be pushing my luck.

I'll happily take charlotte church! yu cud have jimmy nesbitt from us, if yu even no who that is, the annoyin one from the bt adverts! yeah i think he is our best export. oh and snow patrol...actually we rock, we produced snow patrol. keep your charlotte church, thanks though she more attractive i guess....

What are you two going on about?

I love the idea of culture ministers from different countries meeting and trading elements of their culture like Panini stickers.

Hi Chris.

Helooooooooooo Chris.

Just on the off chance, may i ask if you look anything like Colin Farrell. My man is more an English Rolin Barrell. I guess i am just hoping but i have scoured every phone booth on the planet and my Colin is no where in sight. Ps. Are there such things as leper-corns.
Welcome Hun and I will check out your stuff. Esp if you look slightly like my Colin. xxxx Wave

Scott, the Slagg Brothers' writer pal wrote a novel, The Mythmakers, based on a plagiaristic welsh minister who copies the notes from The Chinese Five Year Plan off the internet. Before he knows it, Wales is experiencing a real tho accidental cultural revolution. The fate of a mythical band being chased by the CIA gets intertwined and everything hinges on a warehouse seige. It's surreal but funny.

Quote: Chris Moffatt @ February 25, 2007, 6:12 PM

England's claim to fame is invented football, which is kinda average compared to ours...we made IRISH STEW :D

Huh?

i guess i cud kinda look like colin :)
yeah all my stuff is in the critique so check it all out. oh and no theres no leprechauns..i think

Quote: SlagA @ February 25, 2007, 8:47 PM

Scott, the Slagg Brothers' writer pal wrote a novel, The Mythmakers, based on a plagiaristic welsh minister who copies the notes from The Chinese Five Year Plan off the internet. Before he knows it, Wales is experiencing a real tho accidental cultural revolution. The fate of a mythical band being chased by the CIA gets intertwined and everything hinges on a warehouse seige. It's surreal but funny.

SlagA, I'll check The Mythmakers out, sounds great! Is it 'widely available'?

I've noticed a lot of people saying stuff like 'it's surreal BUT funny' recently. For me surrealism doesn't impede humour. If it does I should bin everything I've ever written Teary

lol. I guess it's because audience confusion and the state of asking "what was all that about?" is often mistaken for surreality

I agree surreality shouldn't be an obstacle to comedy too.

Not really an obstacle, but I'd argue that it can be a bit harder to establish comedy within a surreal situation because the audience have nothing/less to identify with.

Anyway.

I think so long as there's a 'lifeline' of sorts, some grain of truth, it shouldn't stop the fun.

Stuff that's surreal and 'out there' for the sake of it is so forgettable I can't even think of any examples now.

The Mighty Boosh.

I wish I could forget it. That second series was just so, so bad.