Operation Good Guys

Does anyone else love this classic programme? Series 3 in particular was immense...it seems to have been lost in the echelons of comedy. T'was a ground breaking show.

Loved it. The Castaway episode, and the one where the little fat one does his batmanesque crime prevention are classics.

Tell me about it mate...the relationship between Ash and Beech predated Gareth and Brent by a couple of years.

There's some classic lines in nearly all the episodes.

'mark...nip out and get us a midget...''
'come with me boy....i'll show you gay...'
'Ray, I am not under the control of this leader fella (TING) RUFF RUFF! AWOOOO!

And so on and so forth.

I liked it too. Made me laugh countless times.

The one with Jude Law and Johnny Lee Miller was good too. With Desard (spelling?) stripping the safe house of anything valuable and arresting some bloke whilst wearing his 'gimp' suit.

Amazing stuff. Pity they didn't make more.

I can only vaguely remember actual episodes but the one where they went to Spain was good.

Wasn't there one where they all had to chase that Black guy in some sort of weird Cult initiation?

Or have I been having my racist dreams again...

Quote: Electric Cornflakes @ September 6 2008, 12:20 AM BST

Series 3 in particular was immense...

Really? I thought that was the series that ruined the show. Each to their own I suppose. I agree with the comment above though - the Jude Law episode (series two) is just brilliant.

Quote: Spagett @ September 6 2008, 2:35 AM BST

I can only vaguely remember actual episodes but the one where they went to Spain was good.

Wasn't there one where they all had to chase that Black guy in some sort of weird Cult initiation?

Or have I been having my racist dreams again...

The police survival training episode 'I Will Survive'. Yeah, that was a good one.

Episode Guide. As there's not one here.

I have never heard of this.
I notice it's written by Hugo Blick, though.
That's a good sign.

Quote: Mark @ September 6 2008, 11:07 AM BST

Really? I thought that was the series that ruined the show. Each to their own I suppose. I agree with the comment above though - the Jude Law episode (series two) is just brilliant.

It depends really the previous two series had been very abstract you really had to pay attention to the detail of every scene to really get the most out of it whereas Series 3 as a stand alone was far more traditional overt plots overt comedy. I thought the previous series were hit and miss, 4 out the 6 episodes would be funny perhaps whereas there isnt a bad episode in Series 3...

but as you say each to thier own!

I think that series 1&2 more than repaid the attention you needed to pay to them. Maybe it was the broadness of the comedy in series 3 that disappointed quite a lot of the shows fans.
OGG was one of those shows which, if you happened to catch it from the start, made you feel like you were onto something different and new. I think it's a common problem for shows which have a bit of a cult following at first, but then go more mainstream.
Personally, I love all three series but I think they were right to stop making it when they did.

Yeah, it was a great series. Really enjoyed it.