House Training a Dog

This is not a joke - not to me anyway - but maybe there's some comedy mileage. What do you think?

Basically I had 2 dogs. The older one died and the other one (a rescued dog) pined so much we had to get a replacement.

Rather than get a brand new one we thought we'd get another rescued one. She's 5 months old and had been kept in kennels. Consequently she's not house trained.

For 2 weeks now I've been taking her out for hours with no result - come indoors and she wees and poos.

Any mileage? I need to get some benefit from this situation.

"The older one died and the other one (a rescued dog) pined so much we had to get a replacement."

That's one way to deal with troublesome kids.

Ah well, shit happens.

Hm. Plenty of scope for scatalogical comedy. Humans demonstrate how to wee and poo to dog but dogs interfer with results which turn the house brown.

Quote: David Chapman @ February 22, 2007, 5:13 PM

This is not a joke - not to me anyway - but maybe there's some comedy mileage. What do you think?

Basically I had 2 dogs. The older one died and the other one (a rescued dog) pined so much we had to get a replacement.

Rather than get a brand new one we thought we'd get another rescued one. She's 5 months old and had been kept in kennels. Consequently she's not house trained.

For 2 weeks now I've been taking her out for hours with no result - come indoors and she wees and poos.

Any mileage? I need to get some benefit from this situation.

Hi David

Sitcom with a voiceover from the dogs with what actually happened and their point of view from everything. The new dog could tell stories of what it was like in kennels (like a flashback 'During the war...' kind of thing). The old dog could tell stories of what it was like with the old dog around. The whole pining thing may have been misunderstood and the other dog being loud for some other reason (ie glad to finally be alone, now he can be noisy as the first one was OCD/anal/really picky about stuff. For example, he can now scratch his balls without worrying about what the other was going to say, etc)

Hope this is of some help

Dan

Would a producer want to get involved in something that relies heavily on animals? They're notoriously difficult to work with. Maybe an animation would be better. If only all the dogs of the world were like Benji. Now there was a dog you could rely on!

Quote: Stuart Sutcliffe @ February 23, 2007, 11:09 AM

Would a producer want to get involved in something that relies heavily on animals? They're notoriously difficult to work with.

So are Producers

Thanks - something to think about. I just wanted to get something positive out of it rather than just brown stained lino.

Would a producer get involved in something that relies on animals? They're notoriously difficult to work with.

Punt it out to people who have worked with Elton John, after that experience, working with genital-sniffing perpetually-pooping, unreliable mongrels would be a doddle.

Would a producer want to get involved in something that relies heavily on animals? They're notoriously difficult to work with.

I got one as well!!

Cat Deeley seems to get a lot of work.

Haha! You could scrap the dog idea and simply write a sitcom about a guy who unwittingly feeds lines to people that have an endless number of punchlines! I'm sure there's plenty of mileage in that!! Keep 'em coming!!!

Quote: Fred Peters @ February 22, 2007, 9:17 PM

Hm. Plenty of scope for scatalogical comedy. Humans demonstrate how to wee and poo to dog but dogs interfer with results which turn the house brown.

I like the idea of the humans demonstrating so insistently and relelentlessly that they become quite canine. The dogs get sick of it and have their owners put down.

Just noticed after spending a long time writing all sorts of rubbish that I've contributed to about the last dozen threads. I suppose I should be trying to get down to the competition but nothings come to mind yet. My earlier entry came quite quickly (ooh er). Is no-one else awake? I am cos I'm still trying to train that bloody dog. I'm just going out now before it's too la.............

I think I might write this up because it's annoying, frustrating, disgusting, amusing to everyone else and in retrospect hopefully I'll be able to laugh about it one day. Probably only scope for a one-off but then maybe it could be an episode in a family sit-com.