Help!

I am concentrating on writing comedy feature films but have found only 3 production companies (one being the BBC) that will accept unsolicited scripts) I have trawled through the writers handbook and various web sites and have had no luck. Perhaps an agent I thought, but the majority of them don't except unsolicited material. Any help please ?

Ouch - enjoy your whipping by Aaron as he moves this to the writers' forum.

This should help:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/775

Hi Paul,

If you pop into Writers' Discussion - there will be loads of information in there.

:)

I cannot bear to to see my scripts sit on the shelf as the likes of Sex Lives of the Potato Men and the new St Trinians film get produced and churned out as British comedy.

Put them in the bin then.

:D

We share your pain - Writers' Forum.

Also, check out the 'Cardiff' thread if you're in Wales.

*shakes fist most sternly for double-posting, incorrect forum posting, and millionth thread/question duplication*

Please remember that THE BSG IS NOT A WRITERS' SITE. All writing-related questions and discussions should be kept within the Writers' Discussion forum.

Thank you.

Quote: Aaron @ August 14 2008, 10:37 AM BST

Please remember that THE BSG IS NOT A WRITERS' SITE.

Maybe you need to have people hold their hands up. If we outnumber the likes of you then surely IT IS a writer's site?

The BSG/BCG hasn't been set up by or for writers. It doesn't concern itself primarily with writers. The majority of its visitors are not writers.

A writers' information section slowly developed on the main site. The majority of active, regular board posters are, sadly, writers. The board is only a small part of the site.

So no.

Thanks for all your help anyway.

Quote: Aaron @ August 14 2008, 11:13 AM BST

The majority of active, regular board posters are, sadly, writers.

You flatterer, you!
;)

My pleasure. Pleased

The BSG/BCG hasn't been set up by or for writers. It doesn't concern itself primarily with writers. The majority of its visitors are not writers.

A writers' information section slowly developed on the main site. The majority of active, regular board posters are, sadly, writers. The board is only a small part of the site.

So no.

Cruel regimes are overthrown all the time. Just you remember that.

If it were a cruel regime, many people would have been dealt with by now. ;)

It's the only part most of us visit.